“I’ve not been refunded for more than 1 month”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2022

They make it impossible to request for a refund, the website doesn’t work for refund and to get a hold of a customer care is almost impossible, I’m looking to take it up legally

Date of travel: May 2022
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I truly understand how frustrating and inconvenient this must have been for you. However, via this channel we can not be of assistance, and I want to request you to contact our Customer Contact through phone or Social Media.

Write a reviewReviews (31,985)

Reviewed 27 May 2022

I would have no major complaints at all about flying KLM.
But their website... just makes sure I will avoid KLM by all means, even if that means paying more.
Getting through their "site unavailable", "something went wrong" and a hundred other varieties of "our IT department sucks and we cannot develop a website that actually works... and sorry not sorry, either" was a nightmare. My assistant gave up. I gave up. KLM support gave up. Their "special support for corporate clients" gave up.
Result: I still (a month later!) cannot request a refund for extra services I purchased that come included into business class and for changing the ticket during the overload days. The form can be filled in, but not submitted.
I am receiving multiple check-in messages every time i fly, one from KLM, one from Air France. The latter is also in French, and freaks me out every time (did something change in my flight??)

Folks, if in 2022 you cannot build a website that actually works, how can I trust you with my business trips? I can't. Enjoy the flight experience and all, but i simply cannot waste the time I am wasting trying to perform the simplest operations.

And BTW, is it a new special service to ignore clients in business class when they press "call assistant" button? The flight attendants kept walking past me like they have no time for this kind of disturbance. Compared to, say, Quatar business class, when you feel like you have a personal assistant all flight long, I'd say... meh.

1  Thank andreasingvar_2022
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I understand how frustrating and inconvenient it must be that our website did not act the way it was designed. Please know that our Customer Service, both on the phone and through Social Media are able to assist you with creating a booking and requesting a refund, if needed. I hope this experience won't dissuade you in using our services again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2022

KLM are without a doubt the most arrogant and uncontactable airline in on the planet . they totally destroyed by large suitcase spilling the entire contents onto the baggage reclaom belt . They failed to asssist through out the 3 weeks of the holiday forceing me to have to buy a new bag out of my holiday funds . but then on the return flight lost the replacement bag , i filled it two claims was contacted by KLM after a month !! Shocking and I sssumed they would asctually deal with the complaints !!! No all they have done is closed them off on their system . Is this standard practice? hiow do they expect to get away with this ? As i state worst airline ever

Date of travel: April 2022
1  Thank rob4262
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I truly understand how frustrating and inconvenient this must have been for you. Please know that our contact centres can assist you with tracing your baggage at your convenience. I hope this experience won't dissuade you from using our services again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2022

Friendly staff, flight left on time. Plane was not full but it was an early am flight. Was served a drink and small cake during the flight. No complaints.

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your positive review. We hoop to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2022

Hello, I have booked my flight for 3th of June, it's Belgrade-Amsterdam-Boston and I was wondering if I have to check in my baggage in Amsterdam as well or in Belgrade only? (It's KLM and Delta operated) Thank you! P.S. Nobody from KLM service operators is responding in days.

Date of travel: May 2022

Please know that our contact centres are dealing with very high volumes.
When all flights are booked in the same ticket and the transfer time is up to 24 hours, your baggage will usually be sent to your final destination automatically. In some situations, you’ll have to collect your baggage and check it in again, this is mainly for transfers in the United States.

When you have a transit in Amsterdam and your flights are all operated by KLM, you may request my colleagues at the check-in desk (at the start of your journey) to label it all the way through to your final destination, so they can review the options.

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.