“No complaints”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 27 May 2022

Friendly staff, flight left on time. Plane was not full but it was an early am flight. Was served a drink and small cake during the flight. No complaints.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

Thank you for your positive review. We hoop to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (31,986)

Reviewed 27 May 2022

Hello, I have booked my flight for 3th of June, it's Belgrade-Amsterdam-Boston and I was wondering if I have to check in my baggage in Amsterdam as well or in Belgrade only? (It's KLM and Delta operated) Thank you! P.S. Nobody from KLM service operators is responding in days.

Date of travel: May 2022
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

Please know that our contact centres are dealing with very high volumes.
When all flights are booked in the same ticket and the transfer time is up to 24 hours, your baggage will usually be sent to your final destination automatically. In some situations, you’ll have to collect your baggage and check it in again, this is mainly for transfers in the United States.

When you have a transit in Amsterdam and your flights are all operated by KLM, you may request my colleagues at the check-in desk (at the start of your journey) to label it all the way through to your final destination, so they can review the options.

Reviewed 26 May 2022

I was scheduled to be away for a 4 day business trip. By now, this has turned into a 5 day business trip with over 24 hours lost to delays, missed connections due to delays and cancellations. At no point have KLM properly reached out to me despite discussions on social media, emails, phone calls and attempts to liaise with business services.

I was late to my original destination by 8 hours due to a missed connection, wholly at the fault of KLM. The return trip has been even worse with my first flight delayed by two hours, my connecting flight missed but also cancelled and then being left overnight in AMS with no support or directions. When we landed we were assured that someone from KLM would meet us and help us for ongoing flights. This was a lie. Nobody was present in the airport from KLM and we were advised by staff tidying up for the night and a passing cabin crew not to leave the airport due to the 5 hour queues for security.

Within the airport, my group spotted multiple mice and those operating passport control were wholly disinterested. If I had not asked for their attention, I could have easily moved unchecked into other parts of the airport. Other people seemingly did and the staff did not care.

My replacement connecting flight was scheduled for 19 hours later. KLM made no attempts to provide hospitality, made no attempts to provide accommodation and instead opted to try and upsell further services, such as additional leg room and lounge access, via the self-service transfer desks. This is tone-deaf and money grubbing. On rescheduled flights with new transfer times approaching 20 hours (for a small hop between Europe and the UK) these should be offered for free if KLM cannot be bothered to provide hotel accommodation.

Currently, my replacement flight is delayed (that means I have experienced a total of six delayed, missed or cancelled flights due to KLM) and I would not be surprised if it ended up cancelled.

While I understand that the difficulties with Schiphol airport due to the reluctance of the owners to pay employees a fair, reasonable and acceptable wage, are not the direct fault of KLM, KLM did not make even a slight attempt to be accommodating or display a burden of customer care. The attitudes at both Schiphol and KLM are late stage capitalism run riot. Delays and cancellations are normal, customers are to be treated as commodities / cattle or a means to siphon money rather than people and staff are to be neglected, exposed to burn out and overworked to the point where they are disinterested in fulfill their jobs, even when crucial for security. Which unsurprisingly leads to employees quitting, worsening the issues.

I have not travelled abroad to conferences or for business in many years and, given this experience, I will be reluctant to in the future. I will absolutely be avoiding Schiphol and KLM who have provided atrocious support and customer service throughout.

Beyond dire. Avoid KLM.

1  Thank Munchies927393
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2022

I'm sorry to read this. I recommend that you create a Customer Care file via the following link: https://klmf.ly/34nLurI. If it doesn't work, you can click on the blue dot next to 'booking code'. Then you can fill in the form. I advise you to enter your booking details (such as booking code and/or ticket number) and other relevant details in the text field. Customer Care will contact you about further processing.

Reviewed 26 May 2022 via mobile

We flew from LA to Dublin. KLM lost our luggage. 2/3 were recovered and delivered to Dublin. 3rd piece is missing and it is impossible to get any support on the phone, via ticket or email. Chat copy pasts canned responses that they can't promise when someone will be in touch. Mind the flight was 31st of March and we had significant expenses to get basics lined up during our vacation in Europe. In addition there is obviously the value of suitcase and all the cloth/items inside that need to be replaced.

It is appalling that an airline so happily takes thousands of dollars just so you can sit a bit more comfortable and then treats you like that

I used to fly transatlantic with KLM / AirFrance all the time. But never again

Date of travel: March 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 May 2022

We flew recently with KLM from Edinburgh to Amsterdam and then on to Bilbao. We also flew back with KLM.

Not much to report really but we had two delays, the outward leg from Amsterdam to Bilbao which was delayed due to a dispute involving baggage handlers, not much that KLM to do about the problem and the return leg from Bilbao to Amsterdam which was delayed by a storm over the airport, again not much KLM could do about the weather. However in both cases we were boarded and kept up to date regularly with progress.

Slightly disappointing snacks, as with most airlines these days, on all the flights, just sandwiches and drinks.

Check in and boarding handled well by KLM and other 'service' companies involved.

Date of travel: April 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social media representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2022

I regret to read about the delay that you experienced. There are unavoidable circumstances but please know that its never our intention to inconvenience you or any of our passengers. In any case, however, our primary consideration will always be your safety. Please know that we strive to improve our services and I do hope you'll continue to travel with us despite this experience.

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.