“ Great experience ”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Flew from Bristol to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Bordeaux and returned a week later..staff very efficient on KLM and large drink selection and sandwich was welcomed ..despite such short flights..well done everyone ..

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social media representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2022

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. I'm glad that our brand of service has left a good impression on you and we shall strive to live up to that expectation in all your future travels with us. Thank you for the feedback as well, much appreciated!

Reviewed 23 May 2022

Huge lines for staff shortages in and out the airport. No warnings. No assistance during more than three hours line. No water. No chance to go to the restroom. Unpolite and unfriendly staff. People fighting and packed like sardinas. Children crying. Parents exhausted. Infinite line. Lost flight cause only one security check was open. Had to arrange the night there. Book another flight at my own expenses. Lost one day of work. The next day same story. Arrived 5 hours earlier, most of them spent in line. But for the staff the airport is working. To avoid all cost. Better go to Lagos. Never back again.

1  Thank AM89898989

I regret to read of the series of unfortunate events that happened. I appreciate that you shared this experience with us as we are continuously monitoring the feedbacks of our passengers. What you had experienced at the airport was frustrating but please know that its never our intention to displease you or inconvenience you in any way. I hope this experience won't dissuade you in using our services again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Saturday 21st May and we were travelling on KLM flight KL1040 to Amsterdam where we are due to catch our connecting flight to Bristol.

We were scheduled to depart at 16.50 and arriving at 20.00 a scheduled flight of 3 hours and 10 minutes (Netherlands is an hour ahead of the UK

While sitting in the airport with two and half hours before departure, we received, via the App, notification of a 30 minute delay. We were informed of a new expected departure time of 17.20

The reality is that the flight was boarded at 17.30 and the aircraft pushed back from the stand at 17.40 and we were finally airborne at 17.51 which was 61 minutes later than scheduled.

The Captain apologised for the delay due to operational issues at Schiphol Airport. He also informed passengers that the flying time would be two and a half hours.

About 20 minutes into the flight we were offered a sandwich, which we declined as on our outward flight the sandwiches were rather awful, so we just had a beer.

The seating was comfortable enough with reasonable legroom. KLM cabin crew are normally charming and helpful, on this occasion the crew member we thought was a bit overpowering.

Before we landed the Captain did announce, that although the flight was delayed landing, he had received from his colleagues on the ground that all flight connections were achievable.

We landed at 20.25 which was twenty-five minutes later than scheduled.

The check-in process was laborious taking at least 45 minutes, unacceptable for a scheduled Airline.

Date of travel: May 2022

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. It's unfortunate to read of the delay that you have experienced as well as the check-in process at the airport being less than ideal. Ensuring a smooth trip is important to us, and I can understand that this was not how you expected your journey to go. Rest assured that this feedback would be used to improve our services. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 May 2022

Imagine this ... you travel Warsaw-Amsterdam, your flight is at 6am. You arrive to the airport at 4 am and you are surprised that there is a 200 - 300 meters long line to check-in. ... so, no other choice, you wait in the line. 1h 50 min passes, you are still far from checking in your luggage. It's almost 6 am and still there are a lot of people in front of you. But you think ... crew see that there are a lot of people that didn't check-in yet, plane will wait for us. You think ... It's not our fault that there is clearly not enough crew to handle such an amount of people checking in. And then SURPRISE - captain decides to leave Warsaw without waiting for more than 30 people!!!!! What is more - people that checked-in their luggage, but were stuck on the security check, don't have their luggage anymore because it's on the plane!!!! The reaction of the crew, priceless, it's not our fault - deal with it!!!! Really? Thank you to the captain that ruined our holidays, business trips. Thank you to the crew to not taking care of us properly. Very disappointing.

1  Thank kamilmT3546ES

I appreciate that you shared a comprehensive feedback despite your disappointment with our services. There were unavoidable circumstances but please know that its never our intention to inconvenience you or any of our passengers. Please feel free to reach out to us for any concern or feedback that you may have. You can reach us by phone or via our social media channels. Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced.

Reviewed 22 May 2022

Flights were comfortable and cabin crews were nice. Food was above average. I took 3 KLM flights in the course of my trip. 2 were over 3 hours late. When flying from Glasgow to Amsterdam the flight was so late I missed my Delta connection to Seatle.
The line to rebook was very long -I am slightly disabled and was using wheelchair assistance-the assistant who was helping me said she had to go and abandoned me there. Finally got to the head of the line, after the agent said he was having problems rebooking me, he discovered that Delta had already rebooked me for the next day. I asked about a room for the night - he had no idea. Finally found (on my own) a wheelchair assistant. The assistant asked a supervisor, who also had no idea about getting a room. I was a premium customer so I asked to be taken to the lounge. The woman at the lounge was very helpful and booked me a nearby room, but said I would have to apply on line for repayment. My KLM flight the next day was also 3 hours late - luckily I had 6 hour layover and made my connecting flight. The ground crew seemed completely at a loss how to help me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

I am glad to read that you liked our cabin crews as well as the food on board despite your disappointment with the delay you have experienced. What you had experienced at the airport was frustrating but please know that its never our intention to displease you or inconvenience you in any way. I hope this experience won't dissuade you in using our services again in the future.

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.