“Poor customer service”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 5 September 2019

On arrival at Frankfurt airport, I received a message saying that my suitcase got lost, I therefore contacted the service desk and they told me that my suitcase will be delivered two days later, which left me with no obligation than to purchase essentials.

Due to paying additional for a suitcase, I thought I would get a refund for necessary items required, due to the failure of KLM (which is only a small amount, compare on what I have paid).
On return home, I received an email from customer service advising me that no refund will be given, I was shocked!!

On my return flights, my connection flight was changed to an earlier time. Due to my first flight been delayed, I had to run (which made me sick) to catch my connection flight.

No apologies or refund from customer service at all.
It is also very difficult to contact KLM, everythings goes through the website, no direct email address or you have to make an international call, which incur additional charges.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank devonians12
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, social media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2019

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. In regards to the delays and the additional expenses caused, we would encourage you to file a Customer Care file in order to claim any compensations or reimbursements in line with our Airline's policies. You may contact our 24/7 Social Media team on WhatsApp, Twitter or Facebook, for further assistance. As the aim of the service is to assist our passengers via Social Media (chat), these channels are unable to make or receive calls.

Write a reviewReviews (31,852)

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

This was my first time traveling on KLM. The flight crew were very nice, the food was tasty: early flight snack, main meal (choice of chicken & rice or vegetarian pasta) and end of flight pizza. I enjoyed the in flight entertainment (Poms, Rocketman & Handmaids tale). Flights departed and arrived on time. The overall experience was excellent. Will definitely consider KLM in the future.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank IUmom2015
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, social media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2019

Thank you for your review. Good to read that you are so satisfied with our service. May all your travels with us be just as enjoyable as the last. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 September 2019

We flew over on a 777 and returned on a 747. Both flights were comfortable. I wish that I had considered the airlines offer of an upgrade to business before I printed off the boarding passes so we could have gotten some sleep. The stewards were very good.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank JOHN1949_12

We're glad that your first time flying with us was a good experience, John. The professionalism and friendly approach of our cabin crew is what they have come to be known for. We hope to travel more with you in the future and serve you in the best way we can!

Reviewed 4 September 2019

We flew KL1168 from Helsinki to Amsterdam for our other KLM flight (KL621) to Atlanta.
With the announcement of a flight delay from Helsinki, I asked for help at Amsterdam to get through the airport. We were about 40 minutes late departing but made up 14 minutes. As we deplaned the flight attendant said someone would be waiting for us.
No such luck! We stopped the first electric cart we saw, but it wasn’t for us and we “weren’t on the list.”
We kept moving, made it through Passport Control & just kept going. Our flight was boarding when we showed up!
So the flights individually were OK, but if you can’t get help when you need it, what’s the point of paying extra for B-Class?
Further, our luggage didn’t make our flight, so we had to wait 2 days for it to be delivered (10:30 pm!) Good thing Atlanta was our final stop.
Again, service on the flights was good. Food was just OK, not great. We got our goodies bag, but no little China row houses with liqueur.
Overall we were not impressed.

2  Thank TokyoTori
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, social media agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

We regret to read this. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to provide you with a more satisfactory travel experience the next time you fly with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2019

So we got to Gdansk airport and they had no record of our flight booking. They were very helpful, and it wasn't the fault of the staff at Gdansk. We had to pay extra from our credit card which was of course refused due to suspicious activity (!). The flight was late leaving and we had 30 minutes to rush from one terminal at Schipol to another. The moving walkways did not all work and there are security checks en route. We just made it to our next flight but only because we are relatively fit.. Never again. They give you food on KLM but it was the same on each flight, a strange not very nice sandwich.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Levfirebud

We regret you were less than satisfied with our services. We shall take this into advisement. We hope to provide you with a more satisfactory travel experience the next time you fly with us.

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.