“Amsterdam to Toronto”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always happy to fly KLM. Check in was efficient, staff very helpful. Interestingly boarding was not be zone, aside from the usual priority boarding everyone just boarded. I believe it worked just as well, possibly better than boarding by zone.

The flight staff were efficient, and while obviously busy took the time to speak with us. Almost a novelty nowadays.

We were seated in "comfort economy", which was comfortable because of the space allotted, however the seats themselves were just ok.

Overall we would fly with KLM again

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,105)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While waiting for the flight to board (17.15 departure) I felt good to see most of the flights being late, but this one was anounced as ON TIME. and we did bord on time, closed the doors and then waited for almost an hour to leave the gate - meanwhile other aircraft waited on tarmac /taxiways to get to the gates - the captain said it was an air traffic Control issue. Anyway, as services nowdays go, this is decent, a sandwich and a drink, no complaints on any airline related issue, but Amsterdam airport looks a mess

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So far I've flown to 39 countries around the world over the past 30 years and often use KLM but most recently they just can't seem to string a flight together and get everything right!

My most recent flight was an example. Returning to Amsterdam from Kilimanjaro I was asked if I had any onward travel from Amsterdam which I checked my bag in at Kilimanjaro. I explained that I was flying onto Glasgow but with a different airline, Easyjet. The KLM agent assured me that they could check my bags all the way to Glasgow despite the change of airlines and gave me a baggage ticket with that information on it. Bags checked all the way to Glasgow.

As Easyjet explained to me in Glasgow when my bags hadn't arrived, the KLM agent had made a mistake as Easyjet do not accept baggage from any other airline. They are simply point to point. Despite the fault being with KLM, Easyjet took responsibility to get my bag from Amsterdam and fly it on to Glasgow.

Unfortunately, when I called KLM, they would not take any responsibility nor offer any information or help. Despite them making the error in the first place, they simply refused to help in any way and directed me back to Easyjet.

With the KLM flight I took previous to this in February this year being delayed by 24 hours and my bags lost for 3 days and the flight previous to that in December last year delayed by 3 days because of snow at Amsterdam (I can tell you it often snows in Europe in December) I'm left wondering what is going wrong with KLM and when I can expect to fly with them without incident?!

1  Thank seanmcbride51
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We regret reading about your delayed baggage and the miscommunication involved with the baggage transfer, Sean. However, please note that the last operating airline is responsible for tracking the baggage. This is unfortunately why we were unable to help you in this instance. We hope that your future experiences will be more like the ones you were accustomed to in the past.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everyone at the airport in Amsterdam must hate their jobs, They are mean and nasty and will not help you. Even at the so-called "information desk", She told me she didn't know where the hotel pickup area is. REALLY? I Said, "A9-14?" She said I don't know where it is. We missed our flight because of a delay in holding and then the jet bridge was broke, finally, they decided it could not be repaired and got stairs and we departed out the back carrying our down steps and then again up steps. Agents told us to call our country if we needed help. Move away from her desk, this is after we stood in another line to be sent to a service area and you had to pull a number and wait to be called up. We watched them talk on their phones, talk to other agents, get stuff out of their purse, they ignored everyone trying to get help. People were pacing and they at like they were waiting for the clock to run out. Another agent said to my daughter why do you come to our country on our holiday? Which is the month of August? AMSTERDAM ends in a curse word for a reason. They will try their best to make you curse. Our hotel at the airport (which they made us miss another flight by not helping us so we had to get a hotel and fly out the next day) said they hear it every day about KLM, how mean and nasty they are.

1  Thank pjlukens
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was not a direct flight, there was a stopover in Amsterdam for three hours during which I enjoyed Amsterdam airport and then we set off for Lagos Nigeria, the flight was very smooth and the service on board was excellent.