“This was an overseas trip as well as several domestic flights within Europe. I would recomend this airline”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 17 December 2017

There is another level of seats that is neither economy or business class and I would recommend this as a fantastic option. It provides extra leg room and some added bonus features. There are a limited number of seats in this particular section which limits the number of folks moving about. Definitely worth the extra dollars for a overseas flight.

1  Thank Retiredhappytravelor
Write a ReviewReviews (19,149)

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I departed on a day of major disruption caused by snow... took a while to get checked in, but from there nothing but praise. Smooth flight (although delayed because of the storm), superb service. All good!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I am using KLM as much as possible on long haul. Was going back in July from Vancouver when I got the day before travel an email that the flight has been cancelled. The agent at the call centre sorted me a flight for the next day very quickly. As the cancellation was owned to a technical issue, compensation was due. I fly quite often and with other airlines it is always a fight to get it. Usually I have to use airhelp to get the money, even in case of Swiss Air they had to go to court. Not with KLM. The online claim form is easy to find and very straightforward. The next day came an apology email for the delay and the recognition of the claim. About 5 weeks later I had the money. Top service!

1  Thank OBvZ-L
Reviewed 17 December 2017

My economy comfort seat in 4A had generous legroom and was very comfortable. KLM seats have actual cushions and are not the torturous slim line seats you see across Europe. Moreover, the flight attendants are consistently friendly and the flights depart and arrive on time. We also received a cheese sandwich which was nice. KLM provides a consistently good and reliable service.

1  Thank MGL324
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I flew from Amsterdam via Rio Janeiro to Belo Horizonte. There had been some disruption caused by snow o n the Monday but by the time I left on Thursday I did not expect there to be a problem. All seemed well and boarding proceeded very smoothly in a timely fashion and everything seemed set for an on time departure. The Captain then said there would be a short delay while some bags were loaded and this then became 30 minutes as no bags at all had been loaded as the ground team had not appeared. What had been a 10.30 departure eventually became 12 noon and I missed my connection in Rio, which dear reader is a nightmare for transfer passengers and I will avoid it at all costs in the future.
All of the above was a great pity as the flight itself were excellent. The cabin crew were mature and very Dutch which I write as a compliment as they made me feel very welcome and the service was excellent. The compartment on this 777-200 was in a 2-2-2 configuration making the cabin feel spacious and airy. The seat which converted to a flat bed was very comfortable in the IFE was easy to use. There were numerous services of drinks as well as a good lunch and a lighter final meal. I was particularly pleased with an ice cream service mid flight as well as the gift of a model Dutch house containing a shot of gin.....nice touch.