“Agood flight let down by poor organization on the ground.”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I flew from Amsterdam via Rio Janeiro to Belo Horizonte. There had been some disruption caused by snow o n the Monday but by the time I left on Thursday I did not expect there to be a problem. All seemed well and boarding proceeded very smoothly in a timely fashion and everything seemed set for an on time departure. The Captain then said there would be a short delay while some bags were loaded and this then became 30 minutes as no bags at all had been loaded as the ground team had not appeared. What had been a 10.30 departure eventually became 12 noon and I missed my connection in Rio, which dear reader is a nightmare for transfer passengers and I will avoid it at all costs in the future.
All of the above was a great pity as the flight itself were excellent. The cabin crew were mature and very Dutch which I write as a compliment as they made me feel very welcome and the service was excellent. The compartment on this 777-200 was in a 2-2-2 configuration making the cabin feel spacious and airy. The seat which converted to a flat bed was very comfortable in the IFE was easy to use. There were numerous services of drinks as well as a good lunch and a lighter final meal. I was particularly pleased with an ice cream service mid flight as well as the gift of a model Dutch house containing a shot of gin.....nice touch.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,316)

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Boarding and departure were delayed as the plane was arriving late on another flight, but nothing terrible. Ended up on time in St. Petersburg. Flight nearly full, although I ended up having the good fortune of both a aisle seat (booked well in advance) and a vacant middle seat. Snack and beverage service fine.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

All flights left and arrived on schedule , just as expect from KLM.AMS to SFO and return were by new Boeing 787 Dreamliners and I have to repeat observations of other travellers that the standard economy seats are not at all comfortable for long haul . The front of the seat only extends to just behind knees when fully reclined and upright digs into backs of thighs.This discomfort is not a result of firm upholstery [as in Mercedes, BMW] but inadequate upholstery and design . Airline executives and designers should have flown long haul in economy themselves before signing off cabin .As ever oversized carry on luggage allowed on board , a more diligent check is needed . This a problem on 787 but more so on Emrarer on CWL/ Ams and return .I have mentioned this before but KLM persist in breaking own rules .
All other aspects of flights excellent as ever with KLM and staff.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We were well looked after on our journey. The aircraft was clean and roomy.
The crew were friendly and always looked smart.
We nearly missed our transfer, but with help from all the KLM staff and the ongoing crew
they waited for us. Thank you and well done KLM.
I could see Easyjet doing that. NO way.

1  Thank Valerie T
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I was supposed to take a direct flight from Hong Kong to Amsterdam, I upgraded myself to Economy comfort and bought one more extra luggage. However, due to the bad weather, KLM cancelled my flight 16:30 hours before I flew and rebooked me to another flight. The newly booked flight was from Hong Kong to Singapore with Singapore Airline and Singapore to Amsterdam with KLM. They automatically downgraded me back to Economy and I could only have one check-in luggage. I contacted KLM about these issues, they said they couldn't guarantee I would still be able to use my purchased seat and baggage this time. I obviously have a lot of things to bring to buy an extra baggage and of course everything is packed and ready. How could I not bring it with me?! It seems they didn't care the customer situation and needs. In the end, my husband had to call them directly in the Netherlands to get the seat (only the route Singapore to Amsterdam) and extra baggage back. The story hasn't ended yet. When I checked in with Singapore Airline in Hong Kong (Hong Kong to Singapore), I told them I bought Economy Comfort, they staff said they could only give me Economy class as they are a different airline. I was quite angry as I was a customer and victim, I paid for Economy Comfort, I should get Economy Comfort, they should not downgraded me, it was not what I paid for. it was not my business whether they are different airlines, KLM arranged me to take this airline, it was not my choice and they said if I was not happy with it, I could ask for refund (I couldn't believe that they used "refund" to try to shut my mouth up, I was already 13 hours 09 mins delayed of my arrival, I flew extra hours on the sky.)