“Booked with KLM, ended up on Delta????”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Upon calling KLM, they informed me that online I was informed that the KLM flight was operated by Delta?? I didn't see that and its not on any of my printed booking documents, as it must have been in fine fine print? This is BS, we fly USA airlines all year and are sick of them, thus we always book EU flights, and upon printed my boarding we fine out its Delta. They should declare this in big print so as to not deceive customers and consumers. Is everybody okay with this?

There are newer reviews for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We paid for economy comfort. The idea was we could stretch our legs on a long haul flight but there was a box attached to the underside of the seat in front of me making my expensive seat much worse than other cheaper ones.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

KLM is my favorite full-service intercontinental airline. Their cabin service is invariably excellent - attentive without being intrusive. Food and entertainment are generally excellent. Their new business-class seats are comfortable for sitting and sleeping, with 2-2-2 configuration. Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam is the best transit airport in Europe. And when flying from the States to East or Southern Africa via Europe, KLM is the only way to avoid a day-long layover. However, they lose a star because their website has been deteriorating. For example, on this trip it could not handle a multi-destination (open-jaw) itinerary.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

After many years of using Gulf carries, I've rediscovered how wonderful it is to once more fly with a legacy carrier like KLM, where the art of flying has been learnt over the past 80 or so years. Efficient, classy and no nonsense service, my last 4 long haul segments on KLM have been pure joy. Pleasant crew members that actually seem to like what they do for a living and work as a cohesive unit rather than 20 people brought together from 20 different countries that don't know each other and can't function as a unit on a 7 hour flight.

Unlike the new comers of recent years, what I love about being on a KLM flight is that they don't spend the first 20 minutes of the flight telling you how wonderful THEY are, that they've come first once more in some unknown ranking system, that their crew on that particular flight can speak 10 different language...etc.

The food service on all my recent flights was very good and the presentation was authentically Dutch and charming. Salt and pepper comes in little red clogs, serving dishes all have the beautiful blue colors of Delft china. What a breath of fresh air to not have to see for the 100th time square institutional plates.

Last but not least, I would rather spend my time at Amsterdam's Schiphzl airport (which incidentally has just been remodeled) than overcrowded Gulf gateways.

This is the way fly should be. KLM is my new chosen carrier.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Appalling experience. Journey took 33 hours in total! three flights cancelled causing severe delays. Staff couldn't give a fig - very unhelpful.
No explanations, no apology
Back in UK trying to get compensation as per EU rules - they do not answer the phone, no reply to 6 emails or to a registered letter to their Chief Executive!!! (automated response says they are inundated with complaints!)
They flaunt "customer service" but have no idea what it means - AVOID THIS AIRLINE AT ALL COSTS. Unreliable and incompetent from the CEO down.
Dreadful uncaring incompetent company