“Cheap for a Reason”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

After already being delayed due to a sick passenger before takeoff, the last thing we expected was to arrive at NYC LaGuardia already late, but had to sit on a Taxiway over 1+ hour since they had a different plane at our gate. While the $50 credit received for the delay was a nice try, it's unlikely we'd ever consider flying with them again. Hey JetBlue, instead of paying 100 passengers the credit, maybe use that $5,000 payout instead to rent a gate from American, Delta, etc. #ThirdWorldAirline

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (6,829)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Booked Mint Cabin seats for 1st leg of Hawaii trip. The seats are very roomy and comfortable. The service from flight crew was very good. You get a free amenity kit with some flight essentials, meal, unlimited drinks & snacks, free entertainment, free Wi-Fi. The pillow and blanket provided are excellent (bed size pillow & thick comforter like large blanket). You can basically rest as if in bed at home with the lie flat seat. My daughter was in dream heaven. We will definitely book them again for Seattle next year. Hopefully, they should offer it by then.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The check was great, warm friendly welcome. TSA Pre check worked well too.

Boarding the aircraft was ok...but we were down the very back of the aircraft and sadly the 2/3 overhead bins were full of crew bags and trays of biscuits/chips.

Cabin announcements...very poor indeed, much to fast and with little or no sincerity! Clearly full aircraft of multi cultural individuals and it was hard enough for me to understand what was being said and English is my native tongue...this went for all announcements from cabin attendants.

Flt crew announcements better but again too fast.

Odd cabin service...nice to be offered a free drink etc but the way the crew service is completed is bizarre...they come out and take the orders on a pad, which takes time, then come back in stages to serve them. Much quicker and easier to bring a service trolley out and take order and serve immediately.

Landing into SFO, don't JetBlue pilots take pride in completing a smooth landing?

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We have now flown JetBlue twice out of Charleston to JFK, separated by two years, Dec 2015 and now July 2017 and back from JFK to CHS in Mid-August. So, really three flights. All very good. Friendly, helpful folks, no surprise flights, good value. So, now we will fly JB out of ATL to Boston Logan.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Not a happy customer . We booked our flight in Jan 2017 for our vacation in July. Then got a notification in March our flight was moved to another time (original flight cancelled ). This was not a problem !The time offered meant waiting around JFK but no big deal, what's a couple of hours more ?
On our day of travel we receive another e mail telling us our flight has been cancelled again . This mail came to me whilst we were in the air on an American Airlines flight to JFK . We only find this out when we try to check our luggage in for a flight that's now cancelled . A flight that we have already checked into before boarding the AA flight in Edinburgh.
So what do you do ? Well just like every other person who's flight got the chop. We join the line for the customer service desk in terminal 5 at JFK . There was 12 flights cancelled based on the electronic notice board information. That meant a 90min wait to speak to a member of staff.
No problem the guy said ,we can fly you to Florida departing tomorrow morning at 6 am ( its only 2pm now )and then you pick up another flight to Charleston landing at 8pm TOMMOROW NIGHT . it's only a 30 hour delay ........
Oh yes because this is all due to weather it's not our problem and you have to sort out your own travel ,accommodation and food ...........the terminal floor is super comfortable over night .
Never mind all the stories being published about baggage handling staff and other colleges who deal with guess WHO being on strike around New York and having walked off the job that very same day . If weather was an issue how was it I managed to get here from Edinburgh UK ? How about all the other flights I can see landing on the runway in front of the terminal? And then taking off ? Yes I was born at night Just not last night !
So Jet Blue Guess what ? Every person I meet I tell them how great you were . And how I was left at JFK facing a 30 hour delay .That your staff gave me the old it's not our fault line ,Therefore we won't offer any further assistance .
If I didn't know any better I would have thought I was dealing with a certain Irish Airline ( google poor Irish air lines and have a read )
So will I ever travel on Jet Blue Again?
What do you think ???????

2  Thank alan s