“Excellent Special Assistance at IGI Delhi”
Review of Jet Airways

Reviewed 21 February 2018

The lay over time between my flights from Lko to Dlh and Dlh to Chandigarh was just 30 mins and I was accompanied by my wife who had her knees transplanted and couldn't be swift enough to board the second flught. Jet airways special assistance did a wonderful job by providing direct tramac transfer to the next flight.

1  Thank Sandeep A
Write a ReviewReviews (7,704)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Having traveled with JET years ago when they had a bar in economy, I was looking fwd to this flight. I know long haul isn't always as roomy as short haul these days but this was ridiculous. The bar has been taken out to get more seats in ( I was told by hostess). That didn't really matter.
In row 30 we were so cramped . Knees against the seat in front. Arms stuck to your sides whist trying to eat . Food average.
Timings and cost were also reasons we picked this flight. It was direct to Delhi leaving at 9pm. Return flight Kochin via Mumbai at 9am . This was changed to 5.35 am for some unexplained reason, so a very early start from hotel to then have 5 hours in transit in Mumbai airport. Not good.
We surprisingly paid £22 for seat choice on the way out , didn't seem to be able to get past this on check in. Decided to pay for the exit seats on return £45 each so at least we could stretch our legs but I hope you're not more than size 14 (UK) because your bottom will not fit in the seat !!
Hostesses were good but don't ever seem to be like those smily people you see on the adverts.In flight entertainment very good but overall a disapponting experience.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was denied boarding at BKK claiming my Indian Visa was invalid. Despite having a written response from the Indian Embassy confirming I would have been permitted to enter the country (which was forwarded to Jet Airways), I have been refused a refund or credit. DO NOT FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE. The airport staff promised me the world but all I have ever received from Jet Airways Guest Relations is tardy replies to my emails and they continually ignore the central issue that I SHOULD NOT have been denied boarding.

2  Thank Graeme5353
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Jet has the perfect timing if you're traveling for work or leisure as it saves you a day. The flight was quite comfortable and reached in around 4 hours.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I wanted to share an experience that I had with jet airways. We had booked flight with Jet Airways partnered with Delta airlines from Detroit to Ahmedabad with inbound flight starting from Detroit on February 2nd and Outbound flight starting from Ahmedabad on February 18th.

When I checked in for Delta flight on the morning of February 2nd, It showed my itinerary from Detroit to London to Mumbai to Ahmedabad where I was able to check in for Delta flight with other flights pending boarding card from London for Jet airways.

At that time, I called Jet airways and booked seats 31 G, H, J & K for London to Mumbai flight as you allow us to book it 24 hours before flight takes off.

When I went to Detroit Airport, the staff at delta told me that my final destination is Vadodara. I was neither informed nor I did get any notification of the change. So I told them to hold off and got on phone with Jet airways customer support line. I spent next hour and half without any result or reprieve. I wanted a confirmation that Jet will provide me transportation services from Vadodara to Ahmedabad at no charge since I have no relatives who live in Vadodara. I did not get any answer.

Finally when Delta employees told me that if I don't check in, I will lose my entire flight, I had no option button check in. When I reached London, there was no one at Jet Airways desk for about 45 minutes after we landed. They confirmed with me that transportation service will be provided from Vadodara to Ahmedabad. But when they gave me boarding passes, my seats were changed from 31 to 57 D, E, F and G. Since my kids are 5 and 8, I always prefer atleast one window seat and that is what I had booked on the day of the journey originally.

Then in London, our flight got delayed by more than 3 hours. We were scheduled to Depart at 3:55 London time. We did not leave London until 6:45. We were told that due to one runway being closed at Mumbai airport, this problem have happened. Usually when a flight gets delayed, they request permission from ATC to fly higher altitudes and at faster speed so they can make up for lost time.

By rule, We can request compensation from the airline if flight gets delayed by more than 2 hours. Since flight was overbooked, I heard someone say that if anyone ask for compensation, delay them and then bump them off so we can accommodate people. That is why we did not even try that. At that time, I had told the lady at the counter (cheeky, rude and SouthEast asian), that since we are delayed more than expected, I will have barely an hour to get through Immigration and customs so I may miss my flight to Vadodara. She told me that is more than enough time to do that and make my connecting flight. We had asked her to atleast request the crew to allow us to disembark ahead of other people who did not have any connections so we can make through immigration and customs to take care of our connecting flight.

She did not even do that. Neither did any of the crew member listened to us for the same reason too. By the time we reached gate, we had 55 minutes before our flight departed. Immigration and customs took around 1hour and 40 minutes which meant, we had missed second connection as well. So, when we reached the window for transfer flights, Manisha (supervisor for that desk responsible for helping customers); was overwhelmed as there were about 47 people like us.

After about arguing and yelling and screaming, we did get 4 tickets on flight to Ahmedabad that was leaving at 6:50pm in the evening. By this time, my kids (5 year old and 8 year old) were hungry and tired so I did not care to look at boarding passes or any other details except our names. So we went to food area so our kids can eat something. Then due to jet lag and lengthy travel, they went to sleep and we also took a nap.

About 3 hours before the flight we started getting ready and that is when I noticed our seat numbers which were assigned 11B, 12B, 15E and 16B. Now tell me how am I supposed to tell my 5 year old and 8 year old to sit in the middle seat with two strangers and parents not even in sight? So, I went to 8 different Jet Airways employees including 3 gate agents to rectify that. Each one of them shifted responsibility to the next one and last one told me to have Gate agent help out as they can request passengers to change seats. So, when it was time for flight, we went to gate and asked them to put atleast 1 parent with each kid so 2 seats at a time if possible so we can make sure our kids are alright if they can't accommodate all 4 of us together.

She was the most rude person of all. She told us that we should have checked when our boarding pass was issued and she can't do anything else. Even in the plane when we asked air hostesses and staff, no one helped us. My kids were crying thinking of sitting alone with strangers. Luckily 3 passengers decided to help us and gave us their seats and replaced with us so my wife sat with both my kids and I sat alone.

This was a very bad experience we had of an airline in our history of visiting India since 2005. We usually visit atleast every 2 years if not earlier. We have had small issues like delayed flight, baggage delay and other minor issues but this was the worst experience we ever had in our life.

My dad used to swear by Jet Airways as an airliner. However, I am absolutely convinced otherwise.

I want Jet Airways to tell me what solution they are going to have to the problem that I had as well as what they are going to do to avoid this for any passenger in future.

1  Thank nr820us