“No problems for us.”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 27 September 2022

Except for having trouble getting in contact with them a few months ago, when one of our flight connection wasn't going to work (and we did get it sorted) we have no complaints. We got updates via emails while away, and no changes were made.
Service was good, both planes and staff.
So, for us, we were perfectly satisfied with JAL.

Reviewed 27 September 2022

Very bad experience with customer service, I called in 2 days and when they re route me to the department always nobody pick up. This was in the span of 2 days of 12 hours just calling them.

Reviewed 23 September 2022

I would not understand why the 10 hr flight will be using regional business seat as 2-2-2 instead of Sky Suite. We fly business class long haul for more privacy and a good sleep.
The Japan - Australia routes should never be regional.

1  Thank NRTMEL
Reviewed 19 September 2022

A transfer flight via NRT to LAX. And it's cost more than usuall, about $2571, and their service sucks.

Extremely terrible in-flight service. The flight attendence keeps knocking restroom door endlessly during you use it, and shout loudly. Even you ask them to wait. Never experience this terrible service in other airline.

The headphone in seat is half opened....

The drinks during the flight is only offered once. Unlike some other airlines will ask you if you need refill.

They don't have bilingual annoucnement at LAX.....Just in japanese. How can a international flight don't have board cast in multiple languages?

And you almost can not find their customer service. Like they don't exist at all. Tried phone, email. None reply.

1  Thank matchaR2022
Reviewed 15 September 2022

I couldn't fid my reservation when I tried to manage my booking or even check in online! So I called the airline customer service contact and was on hold for 2 hours one time and 1.5 hours another time with "please wait for the next available agent". They could have saved us time by saying "there are no agents available" instead!

What a waste of time and with no indication if I was flying or not the next day. Inflight service and food was very good, but the website and customer service are both non-existent and useless.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.