“Terrible in-flight and customer service”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 19 September 2022

A transfer flight via NRT to LAX. And it's cost more than usuall, about $2571, and their service sucks.

Extremely terrible in-flight service. The flight attendence keeps knocking restroom door endlessly during you use it, and shout loudly. Even you ask them to wait. Never experience this terrible service in other airline.

The headphone in seat is half opened....

The drinks during the flight is only offered once. Unlike some other airlines will ask you if you need refill.

They don't have bilingual annoucnement at LAX.....Just in japanese. How can a international flight don't have board cast in multiple languages?

And you almost can not find their customer service. Like they don't exist at all. Tried phone, email. None reply.

Date of travel: September 2022
1  Thank matchaR2022

Reviewed 15 September 2022

I couldn't fid my reservation when I tried to manage my booking or even check in online! So I called the airline customer service contact and was on hold for 2 hours one time and 1.5 hours another time with "please wait for the next available agent". They could have saved us time by saying "there are no agents available" instead!

What a waste of time and with no indication if I was flying or not the next day. Inflight service and food was very good, but the website and customer service are both non-existent and useless.

Date of travel: September 2022
Reviewed 13 September 2022

Great service and michelin grade food. Most important the toilet is clean. Even though I could have chosen a direct flight from HKG with other airlines, I would rather fly with JAL. Best airline!

Date of travel: August 2022
Reviewed 8 September 2022

My wife and I choose JAL business class night flight from Bangkok to Tokyo (Haneda Airport) because we expect to have good service and some good rest. We found the configuration business class seat of JAL Boeing 787 is quite unexpected. The seat configuration is 2-2-2 which make the seat not so large. We can not make flat bed but rather tilted bed which make us unable to sleep. Otherwise the service was good and the food was nice. We do hope that JAL may make some change regarding business seat.

Date of travel: June 2022
Reviewed 2 September 2022

First experience flying with JAL and it was great, the food was good, seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room, plenty of free luggage allowance too (2x20kg+cabin bag), movie selection offered something for everyone. Best part about them though is their staff, unbelievably helpful, always polite and always keen to go above and beyond to help. When my travel agent messed up my flights and left me stranded in Sydney on my way back, JAL were the ones to help me find another flight (for free, even though they had done nothing wrong), as quickly as possible.

Top airline all around

Date of travel: August 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.