“Worst than the worst.”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 29 August 2022

Worst airlines ever. Staff wasn't bad but the food unbearable and for a 10 hour flight to Narita, it was just embarrassing.
You want to call customer service, impossible. I spent three hours on hold and nothing, and then spent another 2 hours on hold and still nothing, other than, "please wait for the next available agent." This company will never get my business again or anyone I talk to.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank H270ZOstevej

Reviewed 29 August 2022

The check in crew at KLIA gave confusing information. They insist all pass including transit only ones, need to have MySOS app on the phone to board. The guy said this would be checked at gate. He also said we needed eVisa for transit, but another crew told him not to bother! Nobody checked MySOS for transit pass. However, we and many others at KLIA had to download the app and fill out the info it requested. That took about one extra hour to do! JAL should retrain the KLIA local staff.

Cabin crew, plane and amenities were great on the plane. At NRT, we required some first aid and ground staff there took good care of us. We had to take another flight which they arranged later that day. They were courteous and in view of the pandemic, everyone wanted to be extra careful. 5* for airline.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank yapmd
Reviewed 29 August 2022

Do your homework as to what an airline is expecting you to do prior to international boarding with health requirements as the rules change constantly. Also, may I recommend you try to have at least a 2 hour layover for an international connecting flight.

My travel was Economy Class from Boston/Tokyo/Singapore and was pleasantly surprised with my overall experience. Even though the Boston/Tokyo flight departed an hour later due to a passenger's health issue, JAL's staff was efficient and kept us informed on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, they were efficient all through the booking process through to departure. My connecting flight to Singapore was also delayed and I was able to arrive safely.

Reviewed 26 August 2022

Wow , i booked a trip with this company thru expediataap . There was no warning that there is no solo travel right now in japan .
went to get a refund for he 1400 I spent . No deal they will not give me a refund .
What kind of scum bag company is this ????????????????
Do not use this company !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank 123starborn
Reviewed 16 August 2022

For over 20 years, my family and I have flown the AA/Japan route from Dallas to Ho Chi Minh city and we always had a pleasant experience. We would book directly with Japan Airlines. However, recently this week, my parents misread their ticket for 8PM instead of 8AM. When they showed up to the airport, they found out that they had missed their flight. Completely understandable, it was their fault that they misread it. When they went to the ticket counter for Japan Airlines at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, they people there told them that there is nothing that they could do about them missing their flight. They would either need to buy a completely brand new ticket or call up whoever they bought the ticket from. I explained to them that we bought it from Japan Airlines. They said there is nothing they could do...

At this time, my parents are stuck in Vietnam and I am in Dallas, so I waited for the customer service line to open and called them immediately. When I explained to the representative, he basically told me that their policies state that since my parents miss their flight, they lost their value and they would have to buy a brand new ticket for $2K each. I asked them if there is anything that they could do to help because we do not have $4K to spend immediately to get my parents back. They told me word for word, "well if you want to get them back to America then you have to pay $4K." Completely heartless. I understand your policies but I was asking for help because it was something that we could not afford, I do not know the average person's affordability but for my family, we do not have $4K to simple drop in a moment. I can say without a doubt, we will never miss a flight again or ever do any service with Japan Airlines. There are plenty of other airlines out there who will make a connection to Asia, if I have to eat less to save more money to fly another airline, I definitely would. I called Singapore Airlines and they were able to help quickly and reasonably. Thank you Singapore Airlines.

1  Thank P6599XTlindah
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.