“Awesome customer service from ticketing agent, Tomoko (LAX)”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 10 August 2022

Hi Japan Airlines! I would like to share my appreciation for your ticketing agent, Tomoko. I wish I had a better photo of her or it would have been better if I had a photo with her. I also hope I got her name correctly.

Tomoko was the agent who attended to me in LAX, FRI 8/5 at around 1pm Pacific Time for the JL 061 flight to Manila, Philippines. She was most efficient and demonstrated outstanding customer service. She was very genuine in ensuring that I am able to get on that flight and get back home safely to my family.

I hope this message reaches you Tomoko! You are so excellent in what you do, helping JAL customers. Thank you again for being so awesome!

I would also like to commend JAL’s inflight WI-FI. I had some work to complete and was able to do so with onboard internet. Thanks again for the great end to end service! I had a great flight back home!

#greatcustomerexperiences #JAL

Date of travel: August 2022
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (9,210)

Reviewed 9 August 2022

JAL maybe a great airline, But if you are flying in their so-called Premium Economy, avoid it!!! Bad food, bad seating, entertaiment was a joke and impossible to sleep. I would be better fly Emirates and fly Economy instead of this even tough it's far. I would not fly with JAL in this class again unless I fly for hell.

Date of travel: January 2022
2  Thank ChristaTreat
Reviewed 28 July 2022

If you actually manage to get onto a flight that has not changed or been cancelled then well done !! The service onboard is one of the best in the air.

HOWEVER.... if you are one of the countless victims of JAL's flight changing / cancellations (or worse, you need to contact the call center) then it is one of the worst customer experience you will have.

I had flights to Tokyo and then a domestic connection within Japan. Out of the blue I receive an unclear email that states the flights have changed, the departure time and date are the same but the arrival times (on a direct flight) have changed and the connections are now misaligned leaving me stuck. The website was not functioning properly and so I was forced to call the call centre during the slim daily window in which they operate. This is where the issues started... nobody EVER answers,

Unfortunately due to the fact that I had a meeting I had to abandon my attempt and getting any information after a mere 90 minutes in the call center queue, listening to the same loop of music and the same condescending voice "All of our agents are busy, please wait for the next available agent or call back later" - the really galling part is every so often I hear a beep on the line where somebody is there but not answering.

Even though I travel to Japan regularly I will really think long and hard before ever choosing JAL again, they really have let themselves down with their appalling customer service, no callback service, no estimated wait time NOTHING...

2  Thank andycL8589WE
Reviewed 17 July 2022

JAL threw my autistic daughter (and wife) off the flight after screaming at her to "shut up" when she didn't want to wear a seatbelt, and are currently refusing to pay the legally required compensation - their UK help line requires about 2 hours of being on hold each time you call and you end up needing to wait for a callback even for the simplest thing.

2  Thank 899malcolmr
Reviewed 16 July 2022

I flew from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda. Due to the closure of Russian airspace the flight was slightly longer than usual, but even this 13-hour flight was surprisingly pleasant thanks to Japan Airlines’s incredible service, food and entertainment. I am a regular customer with JAL and never have I been disappointed. The crew were professional, polite and helpful, the food was more delicious than you’d expect from an economy class product on a flight and the selection of entertainment was more than enough to keep you entertained for the flight. Two full meals and two snacks (ice cream and dorayaki - this seems to be standard on Japan Airlines).
On the other hand, the seats are quite firm and perhaps a bit uncomfortable to move around in on a 13-hour flight - JAL appears to use the same seats on its longest international flights as well as its shorter domestic flights…Plenty of legroom though and seats are very wide. Recline is also somewhat good.
I’d definitely recommend Japan Airlines to you if you’re travelling from Europe to Japan. Compared to BA and ANA that I’ve also flown with to Japan, JAL seems to be the best in economy class.

Date of travel: July 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.