“Horrible airline”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 27 April 2022

I booked a trip to London about a month ago to fly out in July with Japan Airlines. Never flown with them before but figured I'd give them a shot. Two nights ago they emailed me saying they've cancelled my flights for no reason, and put me on a different flight. I tried calling their contact line the next day, after FIVE hours of being on hold, the call disconnected 3 times. Finally got through, they couldn't give me a reason for the cancellation, told me the only flight I can get will cut my trip short 3 days and add another 10h of travel and layover each way. Or my other option was a refund minus tax to be in my account in 2-3 months. Refused to give me paper trail of the refund request, I just have to trust it will show up in 9-12 weeks. DO NOT FLY WITH JAPAN AIRLINES!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank SamTraveller90
Write a reviewReviews (9,191)

Reviewed 25 April 2022

I booked two business class seats in September 2021 for travel in June 2022 - Sydney to London return. In April 2022 JAL informed me that two of the legs were now cancelled. They offered no alternative for one of the legs and the other leg they offered a connecting flight 17 days after the first leg. Go figure. In the end I had to cancel my flights and rebook with another airline at greater cost. I will never use JAL again. Having spoken to others it appears this is common practice with JAL. Beware. What was once a premium airline is no more.

Date of travel: September 2021
1  Thank SydneySalr
Reviewed 21 April 2022

After two failed attempts at the start of covid19 to fly with JAL, I finally was able to do this trip in Business Class. I can say it was well worth the wait, I have flown other Oneworld partners but I have to say that JAL is my favourite and it will be my first choice when I fly again in the future. The friendly and attentive service from the flight attendants was exceptional and their attention to detail was no exception. You can see the pride in each and every JAL representative. I would highly recommended their business class product when travelling long haul. Thank You for a wonderful experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 500jeffreyk
Reviewed 20 April 2022

Still no response despite posting on very Public social media sites, they obviously don't care about their customers. Lets show them by avoiding them in the future, terrible airline.
Where's my refund?
JAL cancelled one of my Business Class return flights from Sydney to London and now say I have to wait 8 weeks for a refund, WTF.
Never again will I book this airline, no wonder they went bust 10 years ago!

6  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 19 April 2022

We booked business class to London with JAL despite a long wait for a connection in Tokyo. With one week before departure they cancelled one of our return flights which resulted in us having to totally cancel our plans, now they are making us wait 8 weeks for our refund which means we cannot fly anywhere until we get our money back.
The entire exercise has been a waste of time and I hate to think how they treat their Economy passengers!
I cannot recommend JAL to anyone, it's not surprising they went bust 10 years ago, they're heading the same way again.

5  Thank Neil T
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.