“The best flight attendants!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

There were only four guests at the business class and four flight attendants. Each attendant came to say thank you to me and took care of me during the entire flight. All of them smiled and they were very professional.
Foods were amazing and wines were wonderful .

2  Thank DublinKH
Write a reviewReviews (9,099)

Reviewed 8 April 2021

I booked a ticket from DEL to DTW with Henada airport(TOKYO) in connecting flights. After 1 week they told they have change the connecting flights airport in TOKYO to some other airport. From Henada to that airport it was 65Km and Also I would require a transit VISA since i was living airport . With these difficulties and having just 4 hours for connecting flights I asked them to cancel and ask for full refund, but they have took cancellation charge which is very frustrating.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Pathfinder346336
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

I was trying to fly to Tokyo in June. The airline cancelled my flight and said to get a refund go online. So, I did that and was charged a $300 cancellation fee even though the flight was cancelled. I called and talked to a very rude guy saying I should have called and that they’ll have to call me back to see if I’m even eligible. No where on the email did it say call. And I’m not supposed to be charged if I’m asking for a refund on a cancelled flight. I won’t book with them ever again.

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

I just flew in business class last week from SFO to Bangkok. There was no line/nobody at check in. It took a while to check all required documents for travel. Food and service were very nice. The food came with plastic cover. They still tried to offer business class experience as best as they can during Covid. Bathroom was cleaned very often. I wish the blanket was better. It was little too short and not that soft. My food did not come with their famous rolls, but I asked and they brought couple for me ( in sealed plastic bag). The flight from Narita, Japan to Bangkok offered very comfortable seats. But I did not like the gift bag on this flight. There were airport staffs walked you to the connecting flight as soon as you stepped out of the plane in Japan. Overall it was a good experience traveling during Covid.

Reviewed 6 March 2021

Having flown business or combined first/business on (alphabetically) American, British Airways, Air Canada, Cathay Pacific, KLM, Korean Air, Malaysian Airlines, Singapore, Thai Airlines, and United, I can authoritatively state that Japan Airlines is the absolute worst.

In chronological order, here are the problems I experienced on one or both legs of my trans-pacific journey from North America via Tokyo to Vietnam in the first class cabin:
(1) The lie-flat seats have huge privacy barriers so if you get stuck with an aisle seat there's no way you can see out of any of the windows as the flight attendants roll up all the visual barriers. If you're inclined to feel uncomfortable in a windowless space, beware.

(2) I was given no choice of dinner menu items, as the flight attendants let their preferred passengers (a group of about 15 suited businessmen traveling together as a group) choose their menu selections first. There were snack items, but no palatable main entree items. (no slice of chicken or beef or a pasta dish; nothing but grotesque looking un-nameable seafood-looking items that, I presume, are popular among native-born Japanese.

(3) The in-flight entertainment system (for movies etc.) is an absolute joke. Think Windows 2000 (or similar) operating system with lots of DOS-type prompts... seriously and truthfully, the system used on these two aircraft dated back to the year 2003.

(4) The overall experience inside a JAL aircraft is dreary, dreary, dreary. It's a good thing that, other than wanting a nice filling hot meal, I wanted to sleep, and got lots of that. Oh, and there was a box of chocolates set out for everyone (in First Class) on a snack tray by the toilets, and in that box of chocolates, at least 3 or 4 in the box were actually chocolate, as opposed to chocolate-covered mystery creme. In the name of saving on costs, apparently no corner was cut.

(5) On a happier note, the executive lounge inside Narita Airport is a nice place to wait for your connecting flight. Luckily, though all six (count 'em, six!) showers were occupied when I arrived, I was able to "book" a shower for 30 minutes later, enough time to have myself a shower and a shave before rushing out to board my next flight.
(6) JAL seems to thrive on its long-standing relationships with many very large Japanese companies who send their salaried employees lucky enough to travel overseas, in Business or First class.

Date of travel: April 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Dennis L
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.