“Flight to Cambodia”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 15 March 2020

Very nice and relaxing flight, the crew were functional and the food was acceptable.
Getting to the destination was problem less.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank steve d
Write a reviewReviews (9,191)

Reviewed 14 March 2020

Flight attendants were polite, helpful and efficient. Seats seemed to have generous legroom. Selection of movies was fine and food was good too.
My only criticism is that the cabin was hot and they did not bring drinks around often like other airlines.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 14 March 2020

I was real impressed with the comfort and service that I received from the folks at Japan Airlines, even in Economy Class. The flight was long but they made it nice with multiple meals, free drinks, free movies, free headphones, hot towels to freshen up and everything except a bed. If you need a bed, you have to move to first class but we did not find it necessary. The staff was first class and made the 13 1/2 hour flight very comfortable. If I ever have to fly to this part of the world again, I will be sure to book with Japan Airlines.

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank glendonrus
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

After much research I decided to pay the little extra and fly JAL as my son flies them all the time to Japan and highly recommended them. Wow was he right. I will only fly JAL if my destination is where they fly. The North American airlines could learn a lot from them with respect to customer service. From booking to check in to flight experience, they are beyond exceptional. They have extra leg room in economy, they offer incredible food constantly throughout flight with real silverware. Imagine that! They provide alcoholic beverages in their pricing as well. The plane is immaculate and the bathrooms are well maintained throughout the long flight and are larger than a shoebox. The flight attendants are overly polite and helpful and don’t yell into the intercom just so they can hear themselves talk. They only come on for 1-2 announcements and with very gentle voices. They don’t flip the lights on in the middle of the night- they slowly bring them on. The pilots did not even speak on our first flight so the plane was very quiet and we had some restful sleep en route. The airline is extremely on time - they depart as scheduled - and on our return flight we departed and ended up on tarmac about 30 mins due to lightning and pilot came on and apologized and said “we promise to do what we can once in air to keep you on time” and they did - we arrived 30 mins earlier than scheduled. They provide pillows, blankets, excellent movie entertainment and headsets. This is how an airline should be!

Date of travel: February 2020
3  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 13 March 2020

I too( like Chontl's review ) am very impressed with Japan Airlines excellent customer service in fully refunding airfares due to corona virus.
Last year when Singapore airlines cancelled my flight and I needed to seek a refund as alternative fares were not suitable to us it took them over 5 1/2 weeks to refund nearly $4000. I was expecting a similar situation at the very least but got all my money back this time within a few days with out so much as a phone call needed. It was all handled proficiently through their website.
I will definitely be rebooking with Japan airlines in the future.

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank SherbetMelbourne
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.