“What a nightmare”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

I have never flown with JAL before but I flown with other Asian airlines and usually prefer the service because they are usually so helpful and kind.
This has not been the experience I am currently having with JAL. I am currently on the plan and asking for assistance and the staff have basically told me to figure it out for myself. I asked if they can contact their ground staff in Jakarta because I left something behind and they told me no. I asked for the number so I can call them myself and they told me to look for it myself. What kind of service is this and how can you not contact another JAL staff member?
The only reason I on this flight is because they are a coshare with American Airlines.
I will never fly with JAL again.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (9,187)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

Excellent service throughout, very comfortable reclining seats. A really good selection of food and drinks.

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank edagnall2019
Reviewed 11 March 2020

One of our best flights ever. Two seats by the window and plenty of space for our feet made it very comfortable to go from Tokyo to Helsinki. Good and tasty food and drinks, and very friendly and service-minded crew. We slept very well in our seats with pillow and blanket available. We can highly recommend Japan airlines.

Date of travel: March 2020
2  Thank Bear4022
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Good service, nice food and enough space to squeeze out (just) from the middle & window seats without having to disturb the aisle seat. Only slight issue was the seats seemed firmer than other airlines and were a bit hard.

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

I have been travelling to Japan regularly twice yearly. I love the good food, lovely scenery and great hotels. Since five years ago, I have been using JAL and no other airlines. The cabin crew are friendly and the food is enjoyable.
What I wish to emphasise is that they are very customer friendly. In view of the recent covid-19 outbreak; I cancelled my trip to Tokyo for arts auction. JAL allowed me to cancel all my international and domestic flights and gave me full refund within two weeks. I have different experience with my travel agent when I wish to cancel another trip to Europe for the same reason. From now on I would definitely consider JAL as my first choice.

Date of travel: October 2019
3  Thank kai sang alexan... w
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.