“Economy at its BEST!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Opted for bulk head seats, the 1st row with more leg space.....it had a lot of leg room, couldn't reach the bulkhead even with legs fully extended! More than any other airlines in economy!

3  Thank Ivan8883
Write a reviewReviews (9,187)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Many reviews rave about this airlines superb organization, customer service and amenities. When it comes to food, Japan Airlines also exceeds all expectations when it comes to their food. Face it. An airline's food can make or break the flight.
JAL not only gives free drinks with the meals, but the main meal showcases the signature dish of up and coming chefs. The food is served in dishes, not cardboard, to be eaten with real metal knife, fork and spoon. You will find no plastic sporks here. While I am not a fan of their red house wine, I did enjoy their sake and Japanese beers. Special meal needs are welcome. Just let them know food preferences when you book.
In respect to their planes, seating, service and cleanliness, the rest of the flight experience was head and shoulders above the no-frills service which we have been made to tolerate with North American carriers.

2  Thank j0ecr
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

Second time with JAL (One World partnership with QANTAS) on their Dreamliner, so comfortable along with fantastic & polite service. Being a loyal QANTAS Frequent Flyer for numerous years, and travelling in Premier Economy our luggage is tagged with Priority & access to QANTAS Business Lounge (not offered by QANTAS!). Upon return flight we get same & again access to the fabulous JAL Business Lounge. The pluses are numerous flying with JAL especially when we get to baggage claim and our luggage is waiting for us! .
Last year I did send a letter & email to QANTAS querying why they don’t offer same to a loyal customer ... never received a reply!!!
So .... definitely JAL #1 preference for me on my travels from now on

1  Thank PandDatCopa
Reviewed 10 March 2020

My seat was very comfortable. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Everything was very good. The only reason I am not giving it five stars is because the food was horrible. I had the western menu but there were items and tastes not recognizable to me. The only food that was warm were the main entrees. Mini quiches should not be served cold. Ruben sandwiches should have melted cheese and be warm. Everything looked beautiful but when items that should be warm are served like they were just taken out of the refrigerator, they are tasteless or horrible. The bad food was not just on one flight. It was on all 4 separate legs of my round trip. If you take them, order a special meal or bring your own food.

2  Thank lezahg
Reviewed 10 March 2020

From the time I flew JAL 10 years ago, I have been a strong supporter of the airlines. My memories from those flights were great.. the seats were comfortable, the service impeccable, and the food so memorable. It made flying long distances more bearable and I have recommended the airlines at every opportunity. I didn't get the chance to fly it again until recently and was dismayed to find that the standard had fallen.

I booked four flights - Hawaii to Japan to Singapore, and on the way back Singapore to Japan to Hawaii. Regretted it after the first flight... The seats were small and uncomfortable. The service was still excellent but they don't offer you a choice of meals anymore. We were only provided one option - hopefully you like the meal of the day!

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank Chunneee
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.