“Disappointing...”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

From the time I flew JAL 10 years ago, I have been a strong supporter of the airlines. My memories from those flights were great.. the seats were comfortable, the service impeccable, and the food so memorable. It made flying long distances more bearable and I have recommended the airlines at every opportunity. I didn't get the chance to fly it again until recently and was dismayed to find that the standard had fallen.

I booked four flights - Hawaii to Japan to Singapore, and on the way back Singapore to Japan to Hawaii. Regretted it after the first flight... The seats were small and uncomfortable. The service was still excellent but they don't offer you a choice of meals anymore. We were only provided one option - hopefully you like the meal of the day!

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank Chunneee
Write a reviewReviews (9,210)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

The staff on board during my journey were so helpful, they couldn’t do any more to help. On boarding the plane, the staff came to my seat to introduce themselves, explain the food/drinks service and to offer champagne or orange juice. Throughout the flight the staff were offering drinks and food service was as and when you ordered. You are given an extra mattress to put on to the bed when it is in full recline which was super comfortable. In board entertainment was plentiful and varied. Would definitely fly with JAL again.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank HanYo789
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Our first experience flying JAL. When checking in, the entire staff came out from behind counter and bowed to us.
Very comfortable seats, and fabulous food. Had our choice of either Asian or Western cuisine. So impressed.

Date of travel: April 2019
1  Thank fannydog1
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Perhaps it is downhill after you fly Singapore Airlines. I had such high expectations for this airline and they were not met across the line. The entertainment system was hard to navigate, the food was not as good as I had expected and neither was the service. I did not care for the seats either.

Date of travel: October 2019
2  Thank Jarb1946
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I am not joking: I really consider JAL as the best air company for its courtesy to passengers. JAL provides excellent service on every step so your journey to Japan starts on board. I highly recommend this air company and it is sincerely

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank Flyer361185
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.