“Disappointed”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Perhaps it is downhill after you fly Singapore Airlines. I had such high expectations for this airline and they were not met across the line. The entertainment system was hard to navigate, the food was not as good as I had expected and neither was the service. I did not care for the seats either.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Jarb1946

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I am not joking: I really consider JAL as the best air company for its courtesy to passengers. JAL provides excellent service on every step so your journey to Japan starts on board. I highly recommend this air company and it is sincerely

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank Flyer361185
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

The service was awesome, the staff are always very excited to help you, the food was not as bad as i spected, and the flight was super nice, if I'll be able to have a flight back to Japan I will take it again with Japan Airlines

Date of travel: January 2020
3  Thank steffany213
Reviewed 10 March 2020

All of the flight attendants were so well mannered and pleasant. Actually not only them, most of the Japanese travellers are so kind as well. When I came to my seat, the guy in the seat next row to me waited for me to take out whatever I wanted from my hand luggage and then said "Let me help you Madam" and he carried my bag to be placed in the luggage space above us. I didn't need to ask for help. Then while meals were being served later, I was so tired and wanted to sleep, so one of the flight attendants told me to just sleep. When I woke up one of the ladies came up to me and asked if I would like to have my meal now. I replied "Yes please" and she brought the meal to me specially. I have never experienced such care in any of my travel before.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Suseela2910
Reviewed 10 March 2020

I can't recommend JAL enough.

From the check in all the way though to deplaning the staff and crew were fabulous. Comfortable business seats, delicious food and no request was too much. I had trouble opening the overhead bin during flight and asked the attendant "when she had a moment" to please help me out, she dropped what she was doing and immediately ran to help saying "I'm sorry it took me so long" - it literally was a nano-second. What a pleasant change from the usual surly North American airline crews.

We'll definitely fly them again if/when the opportunity arises.

Date of travel: February 2020
3  Thank HappyTraveler92651
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.