“They were puncture, kind, and friendly.”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The crew were kind and friendly. They provided good food and drinks. The only disadvantage was it was too cold inside the plane. I was glad to fly directly from Narita to San Diego.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,936)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review is for booking and pre-flight customer service with JAL.
I regret not reading through more complaints about JAL before booking on their website. My issue has happened to others with shared code flights. My husband and I booked our first leg with JAL for our honeymoon. We went onto their website for the booking. At no point during the booking process are we informed about not being able select seats on the flight until check-in. But that ended up being the case. We called up JAL and their response was that we probably missed the bit where we are informed about no seat selection possible. We went back and went through the online booking process again and cannot find a statement that informs us about no seat selection until check-in for that flight. We called back again, the agent on the phone this time said that is the type of flight we booked and they cannot do anything except to add a note about that we wish to be seated together and informed us we can pick seats upon check-in time. (On the side, all the calls have 30 min+ wait time so far)
When it comes to harsh seat selection policy, we feel that if this is a short flight, fine. If JAL is a bare bones budget airline, then fine. If this is not our honeymoon, then fine. Except this will be a long haul, international flight with a supposed 5-star service airline for our honeymoon. JAL is beyond disappointing for us in the booking process, not only are we not informed about critical information that could help us decide, we cannot seem to get any help in correcting a situation that we did not create.

So to sum up, only fly JAL if you are aware their online booking can miss critical pieces of information (such as no seat selection available until flight check-in time). When something goes wrong pre-flight, you may likely be dealing with rigid, non helpful customer service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took the flight from Sin to Boston via Narita. Both sector,crew were very good and efficient. They were attentive and also friendly. Aircraft were well cleaned and thru out the flight, the flight stewardesses were coming out with drinks. Very pleasant flight even though the cabin were a bit warmth. I do understand that the Japanese like the cabin warmth but do spare a thought for the other passengers that are not Japanese. After all this is an international airlines.

1  Thank 002873
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To start off, JAL’s business lounge at Singapore’s Changi Airport is no better than the breakfast you get at a budget roadside motel in the United States. Very disappointing compared to the lounges we experienced on a four week Asian trip. The business class seat (there was no first class on this flight) was pretty tight. Service was efficient and impersonal. Not once did the flight attendant ask if we needed anything. I was in the restroom when dessert was served, and was never asked if I cared to have some when I returned to my seat. This is not what I would expect from JAL, but maybe my expectations were too high.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Premium Economy on JAL was terrific. The service is impeccable! the extra leg room and seat size helped stay comfortable on the 11+ hour flight. I wish the lower leg foot rest raised a bit higher but that would require a whole design change. The food was quite tasty and the overall experience was amazing.

2  Thank FLDonna