“Great alternative from Australia to Europe”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Great airline, always super efficient, friendly helpful staff, seamless connection in Tokyo.

Onboard wifi really works well, food is well presented & drinks well selected.

1  Thank Andrew A
Write a reviewReviews (9,063)

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I flew from Melboune to Tokyo to Moscow. Flights and seats were ok. I have flown in more comfortable and modern seat compartments. It was ok it not fantastic. The problem was food unless you liked or ate Japanese menu. My wife fell asleep on take off and was then told sorry all western food is gone. Japanese or starve. Not even sushi was on offer.

The tickets were ok but we will never fly with them again and I travel constantly.

5  Thank michaelsU408BL
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I went Okinawa, Japan in March 2016.I flew from London to Tokyo by British Airways (BS) which was not as good as I expected, while I returned to London by Japanese Airlines (JAL), which added to my disappointment with BA. Anyway, JAL was the best airline I travelled with. The flights were amazing. The food on flight was amazing,just like had in Okinawa. I was surprised with the Free Wi-Fi service they had on the flight. Although, I was a bit uncomfortable with Legroom, I expected a bit of wide space for such a long flight.The flight attendants were excellent, helpful. They had provided a huge Entertainment options on board, headphones and shawl for cold.Amazing, overall my experience with the JAL was amazing, despite the legroom thingy.

Date of travel: September 2017
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Legroom was very limited. Food was average . Flight attendants were attentive and helpful. Entertainment choices were ok but not fantastic.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Both JAL and ANA are the representation of the Japanese service. Dedicated staff thinking in passenger service, giving you a fantastic experience when traveling. Everytime I can choose JAL I go with them.

Date of travel: June 2018