“Shocking”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 12 June 2021

I’ve never been on an airline and felt unsafe until today.

The staff look like they’ve been on a triple shift. Their attitudes certainly seem that way.

The pilot is yet to greet the passengers and we’ve been flying for a couple hours.

My arm rest is sitting at a 10 degree angle because it’s broken.

This is no good.

DO NOT FLY

Date of travel: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (20,245)

Reviewed 9 June 2021

My husband, my 2 year old, my 4 month old and I went purchased tickets to go to Spain in May. We spent close to $4,000.00. We called the airline one wk prior to flying & were told we only needed the CoVID negative test & our passports & we were good to go. We arrived at the airport 3 and 1/2 hrs early for the flight. Upon arrival we were told we needed a “QR” code & without it we couldn’t get in line to check in or on the flight. I begged everyone who worked there for help for hours. No one would. I finally snuck into the line after an hour and a half. I had asked to speak to a manager 12 times & was completely ignored. When I got to the counter I gave the agent our CoVID negative tests and passports. I was directed to a website to get the QR code. I tried to get it done, after almost 2 hours I asked if we were going to miss the flight. She said you have a few minutes to get to boarding. She then tried to manually check us in. Then she looked at our passports that had been in front of her for almost 2 hours & said “do you have passports from any other country?” We said “no.” She said “sorry, you’re American, so you can’t board this flight.”
Iberia sold me tickets they knew I couldn’t use & after fighting for almost a week with them, they have refused to refund me or even give us a credit for a future flight. They literally robbed our money. This is total fraud. They gave us no resolution. Just said “sorry, we are not giving you a refund or giving you any credit towards a future flight. They have not given us a valid reason. They just keep saying no. I have flown to Spain all my life to see my family, year after year but I will never fly with Iberia again.

Reviewed 8 June 2021

One of the worst customer services in UK, I am dialing since morning the help line 02036843774. After about 10 minutes wait it will disconnect you automatically as they do not want to you to wait any further with an advice to call later on which i am doing since morning but no success. There is no e-mails or web contact form or any other means to contact them which is strange for such a large airline

Reviewed 5 June 2021

They cancelled my flight and only offered a flight credit that expires in one year. I've tried to reach all them via email and phone and nothing happens. Currently over two hours on hold. TERRIBLE!!!!

1  Thank stevevic322
Reviewed 3 June 2021

Our flight was cancelled by Iberia 2 days prior to departure and as they offer no customer service on email, we waited on the phone for nearly 2 hours(!!!) until someone was available to take our call.
They offered a refund, but upon receiving it we noticed they deducted 30USD per ticket as an "issuing fee".
Outrageous!
They would not refund it despite THEM cancelling our flight and giving us no option.
Absolutely disgraceful!

Date of travel: May 2021
    • Customer service
4  Thank TheShis
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.