“I guess we got lucky, very positive experience”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 11 February 2020

We were in Valencia and HAD to be in London by 5:00 the next day. Horrible weather lead to our 4:30 EasyJet flight being cancelled, but not until 9:30. EJ's plans would have gotten us to London too late. We scrambled, made our way to Madrid and caught an Iberia flight that left on time and arrived early <:

The fare for tickets purchased about 12 hours before departure was much lower than anything else available that day.

The plane was clean and comfortable enough - kind of like the budget airlines, cramped but ok for a short flight.

2  Thank TheDadDude
Write a reviewReviews (20,103)

Reviewed 10 February 2020

Having been forced to travel with Iberia when BA flight cancelled, I wished I had stayed at home. Two flights, two delays, cramped flights, poor information. I will never mock Ryanair again. Will never travel with these muppets again.

Date of travel: February 2020
3  Thank iainrob946
Reviewed 10 February 2020

Our flights (round trip from Madrid) were changed three times between booking in February and flying in November.
On one occasion, despite all flights being on one booking, our changed flight would have no way given us enough time to transfer to the domestic leg of the flight so I had to call the airline, does nobody actually check this?
We were offered a paid upgrade the day previous to the flight which we paid for.
I had booked two extra checked bags way back at the time of booking but was told at check in they did not have this in their system. Even though I had all my receipts etc printed off, we still had to endure a half hour delay checking in while they tried to sort it out, we were initially told we would have to pay again for the bags, I stood my ground and refused.
The delay meant we had no time to utilise the lounge which we were entitled to due to the paid upgrade.
Once on board the flight was excellent, delicious food, much needed drinks and friendly crew.
Every time I book flights with Iberia (which is quite frequently as we live in Spain) there is an issue with something.
Such a shame as the inflight experience is usually very good.

Date of travel: November 2019
2  Thank travelsavvydiva
Reviewed 9 February 2020

The airplane, an Airbus 319, was so old the cushioning in the seats was totally compressed and very uncomfortable The plane itself was dirty and smelly. The cabin crew did not crack a smile during the entire trip and were inattentive. To make matters worse there were many people on the flight who were very ill, hacking and coughing all the way to Madrid. Given the corona virus epidemic, the airline should have screened some of them even in the waiting area, as they were clearly quite ill. Iberia tends to be better on long haul flights if you fly Business class, which I do. However, in general the airline has frequent equipment problems and is not run efficiently. The website is not functional or user. Madrid-Barajas is a beautiful airport but a nightmare in terms of passenger flow and efficiency. Iberia has a lot of work to do

1  Thank Mfirpi
Reviewed 7 February 2020

I truly cannot remember if I have ever flown Iberia, so I will write this as a first time flyer of the airline. Flights were on time, the staff were reasonably friendly. I arrived in one piece and so did my luggage. I would recommend this airline again. Also for the economy seating, I thought there was a little more room than domestic flights in the States. Madrid's airport is ginormous....so plan accordingly. They actually had a shuttle for us to get from the international section to the domestic terminal. Morocco is a different country but it was short distance outbound from Madrid. We did return to Madrid through the international terminal.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.