“close place for the troly. enough tiolets. snacks to eat. very polite team. smooth flight”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 26 January 2020

highly recommanded to make the boarding w/o shortcuts. there r movies in the flight so u can pass the time easily.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank Tsur I
Write a reviewReviews (20,080)

Reviewed 25 January 2020

The service on board was good, but the checking in and transferring in Madrid was a bit of a nightmare. I had only carryon and was told as the gate that I must check it as there was no room. Until I insisted on a number for my luggage, I was not given one. Then at the plane I asked if I would collect my luggage at the plane when the it landed in Madrid as I had a connecting flight to Marrakech, and was told no one knew. That made for a stressful trip to Madrid. The lugage was put off the plane and to be picked up before one boarded a bus to the trminal. Then perhaps not the airlines fault, but the airport, the info showed that the gate would not be posted until 32 minutes of the flight. I finally found someone to ask and was told to immediately get on the trail to the Satellite Terminal 26 minutes away! Rushed to do that and check in and made the flight to Marrakech. In part my unfamiliarity with the Madrid airport, in part Iberia’s lack of service to its passengers. I would love to see Marrakech again, but will fly another direct route.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Art-Fashion-Travel
Reviewed 25 January 2020

On 2 Sept 19 my family and I were supposed to fly from Barcelona to London via a short stopover in Madrid. The first flight was delayed for technical reasons and we missed our connection. This meant we were delayed by 23 hours. Under EU law EC 261/2004 we are entitled to €250 per person. Iberia rejected our claim. I submitted the case to the Spanish Airline regulator - AESA. They investigated and wrote to Iberia and myself, stating that my claim was valid and Iberia should pay compensation. They have not paid, and refuse to respond to any emails on the subject. They are an appalling organisation with awful customer service department and a flagrant disregard for both the regulations and customer satisfaction. Do not book with Iberia Airlines.

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 24 January 2020

We booked a flight from Malaga Spain to Toronto Canada to spend Christmas with my family. Iberia changed our Malaga to London potion of the flight without notifying us so that it departed several hours AFTER our London-Toronto flight, making it impossible to catch our connection in London We only discovered this when we tried to check in online the day before our flight. Tried Iberia's Spanish number several times. My Spanish isn't quite good enough to explain the problem so I was repeatedly told to call back and press 2 for English. There was no options listed at all on the computer intro, you just went straight into the wait line for general customer service. But no one was interested in helping us on a Saturday afternoon, that was obvious. Called Iberia's UK number twice. Because we'd booked through a third party online site (who also apparently couldn't help us cause it was the weekend) we were told can't help you. The fact they had changed the flight, which their system should not have allowed as it was a continuous ticket booked to Toronto, was irrelevant to them. We finally had someone in the UK begrudgingly remove the Malaga-London portion of the flight so that all our return flights were not cancelled as a result of no show. We then had to book a new flight from Malaga to London at extra expense. Iberia informs us they aren't responsible for a refund even though they caused the problem. The third party site has finally acknowledged they need to refund us but can't be bothered to respond to us if that is in process. Both companies could use a good reminder of what customer service is and that customers are the reason they have a job. I will do my best to avoid flying Iberia ever again.

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Both flights to and from Madrid on Iberia Airlines were very enjoyable. The flight attendants were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious, and seating was comfortable. It was a very nice and relaxing time.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank constanceh302
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.