“outstanding service”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 28 April 2019

I write this letter after I experienced an incredible service experience in my last flight from Madrid to Tel Aviv As a journalist and as a strategic and media consultant to The President of Israel, four deputy prime ministers, and the former spokesman for the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee and the Airports Authority spokesman, you can imagine I flew a lot with many different airlines to various destinations around the world.
But this flight with IBERIA from Madrid to Tel Aviv was an exceptional one.
This flight was unique not just because of the 320-300, airbus aircraft' the awesome dinner and the efficiency of boarding. But mainly because of the staff, especially the Mrs Susana Mauri Lopez - I find it essential to write to you about this air stewardess because her conduct reflects the spirit of your flying companies, a conduct which showcases the service and brings honor and pride to the airline. Mrs. Lopez is a lighthouse when it comes to Providing service, professionalism and efficiency.
But beyond that, Mrs. Lopez. Has been blesses with notable features of human love, Ability to contain and Emotional intelligence that turns the aircraft into a pleasant enjoyment.
Luckily, I was sitting in seat 21. J near the central kitchen and could observe the work, courtesy of passengers including "not easy" passengers with strange demands and requests.
Mrs. Lopez immediately helped in solving all problems, with much understanding and tolerance.
The conduct of Mrs. Lopez Was not only regarding the passengers but also concerning her colleagues - Her collaboration with the whole team caused a sensation of comfort and efficiency to the whole work processes.
As someone who was the Israeli Airports Authority spokesman (including the BG airport), I'm well aware of the of the crew' but Mrs. Lopez takes he job a step forward – not just "doing her job" - but seeing for the needs of every traveler, including listening and containing.
Fortunately, in the short time that Mrs. Lopez Wasn't busy, I had a chance to discuss a variety of topics and exciting horizons extenders that brought to light a bit of Mrs. Lopez's extensive education, vision and highlighted her Barcelonan environment in which she grew up and was educated.
Needless to say, that a person that his job is giving services, such as a flight attendant, expanding the fields of human touch, intelligence, beyond the areas on which it is deposited, makes the flight experience itself intensified, and in this case of the extraordinary flight more invaluably from any of various movies in the multimedia system.
As someone who was a journalist and, and today, as Ombudsman, and in charge of freedom of information, I'm well aware of the difficulty in facing the "Israeli" customer conduct, especially at the end of the holiday season, especially regarding the collection of bags from the overhead compartments in the end of flights.
In a world where we all often post complaints, bashing in the social media I find it essential to praise and compliment about my personal good experiences.
I'll be happy if you'll transfer the contents of the letters to the ceo, VP human resources miz Julia Simpson and of course Mrs. Lopez That brought a lot of respect for your airline

3  Thank AdarA319
Write a reviewReviews (20,084)

Reviewed 28 April 2019

The worst airline we ever had contact with. My daughter was stuck in Boston because of mechanical problems on the plane. A day later, after spending the night and day at the airport ($15 given for food), of course vouchers for hotel room started to be given out and passengers returned while vouchers still being given out, to say that hotels wouldn't accept vouchers or that hotel was booked. The next day flight was delayed again. Finally got to Barcelona (now almost 2 days late) only to find out they have no idea where her luggage is- nothing like being in your clothes for two days and nothing to change into. Also, her connecting flight to Amsterdam (with Vueling) was never notified which caused her to have to purchase another fare (ridiculous) most staff, except one, very rude and uncaring during the whole ordeal. Hoping she gets to Amsterdam safely and without another hitch.

2  Thank DaynaMum
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

So I was very fortunate to fly from Madrid to Lima in business class, and it was Excellent! Great seating configuration with many solo seats, which are Great for solo travellers. Seats are flat beds and there also seemed to be plenty of storage space at the seat for solo items such as books, glasses etc.

Food was very good, with a meat, fish and vegetarian choice for the main. Starter was maybe a bit confused with meat, cheese, salad and gazpacho on the same tray but different plates, but it was still nice.

Service and crew were excellent. Maybe my only small gripe that no drink was served until 1h30 into the flight which meant that lunch wasn't served until around 3pm - so worth having a snack before.

The Iberia lounge at Madrid was very good. Nice selection of food and drinks. Very crowded when I arrived but then emptied out.

For me a very good experience and would definitely consider Iberia again for long-haul to Latin America - if I was lucky enough to be able to fly business. Reading many of the other reviews I wouldn't be keen if flying economy as normal.

2  Thank la_viajera_constanta
Reviewed 27 April 2019

We bought the tickets 4 months before our departure and we were elated the price was so low. Soon after I started reading the reviews here and our mood darkened. No reason though. Perhaps we were just lucky but our trip was smooth from start to finish. I was able to contact them on the phone a few days ahead, wait time only a minute. Online checking worked ok. We did not book the seats, but the system put us all together. Checking at Logan was quick. Boarding, a bit chaotic, but that's because the passengers acted like cattle - no respect to boarding groups. That part was much better organized in Barcelona. Plane itself - somewhat outdated, but clean. I'm 180cm tall, so there is never enough of room for me. Can't complain. Yes, you have to pay for food and even water. Well, if I can save $1k on 3 tickets, I will have 'normal' dinner at the airport, will bring my own water on board and splurge on a bottle of 18yr scotch after landing. Can't say much about lost luggage because we never check it in. Then there is the staff. Ours was very polite and helpful. So overall I'm pretty content with them and would probably use them again. One important thing, our flight was operated by Level and maybe that made the difference.

1  Thank MaciejZ
Reviewed 27 April 2019

Different airline back. At least the checked luggage was free but only because the plane was too small for all the guest. I chose emergency exit but it was not the leg room but simply to place left or right with three grown men in one row. No water, no snacks - I hate it !

13  Thank SteveGoldgap
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.