“Travel to Spain”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 August 2016

My husband and I traveled using American Airlines points business class to Spain. American put us on their partner Iberia, which I had never heard of, what a nice surprise.
LAX to Madrid to Barcelona, you do have to change planes
Seats laid flat and the service and food was fantastic.
They do not have first class so their Business Class is just like First Class.
Depending on the plane you are on the seats can be staggered and behind each other not together so sit in middle if you are a couple, they call those seats the Honeymoon seats!

Date of travel: October 2015
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,213)

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We sat in our plane at Madrid Airport awaiting takeoff and watched our suitcases sitting in open carts on the tarmac in pouring rain. Not surprisingly, when we retrieved them at Heathrow they were soaking wet - and the rain had got in through the zips and ruined several books inside. Iberia was not helpful and refused any compensation.
I suspect other airlines would receive the same treatment at Madrid Airport - but I hope they might have more sympathy with our complaint! Not good enough, Iberia.

Date of travel: May 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Over recent years Iberia has improved vastly: helpful staff on the ground and in the air - and generally the food is good by economy standards.
The IFE worked, had plenty of offerings, and the flight, though turbulent, was fine.
My return flight was from Gatwick landing at Madrid after midnight and Iberia had a gentleman on hand to escort transit passengers to the other terminal without all the hassle of security....much appreciated.

Date of travel: June 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The space between seats is extrenely limited, I am sure that it would be animal cruelty would you let any chicken fly on this plane.
We had over the double leg room on Norwegian

Date of travel: May 2016
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Compared to American domestic airlines, this one was much nicer. Obviously it's a bigger plane, so the seats had much more room, both in length and width. The entertainment was better, as there were multiple movies I could watch on the seatback, as well as games and other time wasters. And they actually had semi decent food, serving us two meals on the transatlantic flight for free. I'm sure my expectations are set super low by usually flying domestic, but I enjoyed my trip.

Date of travel: September 2015