“Fly to Big Island”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Our friends visited from UK and we decided that we should show them around the Big Island. We flew Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu to Hilo. The flight was comfortable and smooth and we arrived on time. Thank you.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (7,578)

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

We were happy that the flight left promptly and it was a smooth ride. Being a short flight, we were offered water or juice. Pleasant cabin crew. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 December 2018

Excellent flight with excellent service. The plan type was changed after I reserved my seat, so because of the differences in layout I was assigned a different seat. The HA ground crew took the time to check with me and see if I was happy with the different seat number. I was. Food was very good, as was the iPad entertainment.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank R76XSrobink
Reviewed 30 November 2018

My partner asked one of the cabin crew how old/new is this plane. She said I'm not sure, maybe 3 or 4 years old (A330). My partner said to her "this is the cleanest airplane I have ever been on in my life, thank you". So to sum up, a compliment to Hawaiian airlines for keeping a clean plane.

For me, I'm not sure I would travel with them again from Auckland to Honolulu. There just seemed to be an overall rush of service. I know it's only an 8 hour flight, but I did feel that perhaps they should start the food & beverage service a little earlier to avoid rushing passengers through it. Also the in-flight selection isn't as good as those offered on other airlines.

Also, at the end of the flight there is a NZ Biosecurity requirement to spray the overhead bins. Two flight crew walked up the aisle with two cans spraying the open overhead bins. While the passengers were told of this, we were a little worried about the strength of the spray and what was in it. One passenger, and I agree with this, suggested that the airlines hand out masks when they have to do this, as it was quite a powerful spray.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank MrsBear101
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

Check-in via slow responding app can be improved, crashed several times during the process. Scanning the electronic boarding pass at the airport later failed "wrong airport"?! Took a while to figure out the problem and to print a new boarding pass. On the plane, seat next to the engine, which was mounted at the hull at head hight (Boeing 717) and incredibly noisy, plus no view. The best part, however, was the strongbody odor of the handcuffed inmate behind me, who was on his way to Maui penitentiary. Thankfully the flight was only one hour. (One star for being on time and for leg space.) Mahalo Hawaiian for this unforgettable experience! Next time in Hawaii, I will take a boat...