“Island Hopping on Hawaiian Airlines”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Island hopping to Hilo, quick trip with no problems. Flew on a smaller Boeing 717, which has 3-2 seating. Free juice. Codeshare with United. Overall a very good experience.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7,578)

Reviewed 26 October 2018

We tend to schedule first class flights when returning home from vacation, as this is a very special treat to look forward to, even though our vacation is ending. The person who checked us in was not very friendly, but from the person who assisted with baggage, the terminal personnel, to the flight attendants, all were very friendly and helpful. First class passengers have a private lounge area with reading material and beverages and restrooms which can be accessed by showing your boarding pass. It was a relaxing place to wait for our flight. We were offered a choice of beverages within moments of sitting down (we chose the mai tai, sparking wine and non-alcoholic drinks were available also). After the drinks came, we were given a menu, with 3 coursed and 3 choices per course. I chose the short rib stew. I am not usually a fan of stew- this stew was delicious. Prior to the meal, drinks and a tray of nuts were delivered to each person to enjoy, while waiting for dinner.
Everyone was given a personal iPad to use for entertainment during the flight. This was the first flight we had ever taken with lay flat seats. Usually I am very stiff after a flight that long, but the adjustability of the seats resulted in much less stiffness upon arrival home to Seattle. Hawaiian has been one of my two favorite airlines and will continue to be due to our recent experience. Mahalo, Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 26 October 2018

I love flying Hawaiian Airlines. They provide excellent service. I need a wheelchair to get around the airport and they are always ready. The plane was comfortable, there was a charging port in the seat for my iPad, and they had individual TV screens in the backs of the seats. This airline is one of the few (only?) airlines that still serves complimentary meals along with drinks and snacks. I love having a free MaiTai just before landing to start and end my vacation.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Did some island hopping with Hawaiian Airlines. Staff is always friendly. No luggage issues. Security lines moved quickly. Don’t forget to put your sunscreen in your checked bag though. I forgot (had it in my ‘beach’ carry on bag) and had to give it up.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Our flight from Honolulu to America Samoa was great, but upon our returning, the service person by the name of Tuli Fruen was very rude to my wife upon our entering into the airline. We travel with our same carry on bag with other airline with no problem, but this man was picking on my wife because of her carry on bag, we witnessed other people's bags were much bigger than ours and he didn't stop them at all, very sad.