“Average flight but excellent lounge at Riga Airport”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 3 November 2022

The flight was nearly fully booked and there was no group boarding. So the boarding was quite chaotic. We would have been in Group 1.

The flight itself is three stars but because the lounge was so excellent at Riga Airport, I am giving four stars. We had complimentary access there as Finnair Gold members.

The flight landed 13 minutes late and there was a bus transfer to the terminal at Helsinki Airport.

Date of travel: October 2022

Reviewed 3 November 2022

Service is cheap and non existent. At the airport I wanted to change my seat got told to take of it myself on the plane. No extras on board except for water and that terrible juice. They broke my luggage and asked me to send them all details just to tell me that I need to take the bag across town for evaluation to maybe get a refund. The customer service sends out random prewritten emails and has no qualifications in customer relationship management or conflict avoidance. If they at least dropped the prices the price value ratio would be right.

Date of travel: November 2022
1  Thank 879tiad
Reviewed 2 November 2022

I greatly appreciate being able to fly a non-stop flight from Helsinki to Seattle on Finnair. I paid extra (99 Euros) to get extra legroom. The seat was called Economy Comfort. What was shocking was the seat was not much different from a non-comfort seat which I can barely squeeze into. I am 6'5" tall and have watched the seat pitch continually shrink year after year. Now I am unable to fit in a regular economy seat. I do believe that I am being discriminated because of my height as I have to always pay for a better seat vs just being allowed to have the same level of comfort as a shorter person enjoys.

The flight attendants were very polite, friendly and professional and I do appreciate that but there just isn't any comfortable place to sit other than an exit row and they are only so many of those seats. I am not able to purchase business class seats due to the steep price difference. I am hoping at one point the airlines will put passengers ahead of profit or have the government step in to stop this shrinking seat pitch madness. I end up having serious back pain and physical issues after sitting in a seat like these for a 6+ hour flight (the flight from Helsinki to Seattle was over 9 1/2 hours).

Date of travel: October 2022
1  Thank michaelnH1185JR
Reviewed 31 October 2022

This was a continuing flight from LHR to Narita via Helsinki. We were delayed by about an hour in Helsinki but were kept up to date and a good flow of champagne. Food was very good, the seat comfortable, I slept for six hours or so. Would highly recommend them as they are my new favourite airline, well done Finnair.

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 31 October 2022

This was our first time with Finnair and I found them very good. We flew on an A350 with lie flat bed in business, unheard of in Europe. Crew were generally good and were happy to give excellent service. Food was generally good with champagne before take off. Seat was comfortable and good when reclined. Entertainment was fine for a short hop to Helsinki. Generally a great experience and cannot recommend them highly enough, will use them again.

Date of travel: July 2022
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.