“Fiji Airways flights”
Review of Fiji Airways

Reviewed 13 December 2017

In November with my family we travelled from Sydney to Nadi Fiji on flight FJ914 and return on FJ915

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Flight from Sydney to Nadi on 4 November 2017 and from Nadi to Sydney on 12 November 2017. Booked with Qantas but had to fly Fiji Airways because it was co-share.

The check in and flight from Sydney was ok however the flight from Nadi to Sydney was terrible. Flight times constantly changed without any notice from Fiji Airways, boarding gates kept changing - a lot of confusion at Nadi airport. Nadi Customs were terribly unprofessional and on a powertrip - warning for ladies: not only liquids but everything including moisturisers and lipsticks need to be put in a clear plastic bag.

The flight itself was very turbulent and there was no seatbelt warning sign or pilot warning until it was too late. I hit my head and suffered a concussion - no first aid administered by crew. The landings were rough - plane hit tarmac and skidded.

The crew need training in first aid and customer service. Quite a few passengers asked for blankets and pillows and the crew oddly gave half the passengers blankets and made the other half wait 20 mins. Other passengers were sick from the turbulence - no assistance provided. Also the food options ran out so half the flight had to have vegetarian meals.

Economy seating is very uncomfortable, worst seats ever - you could feel the springs in your back. The planes are old, wires were sticking out of exit doors where we were sitting. The best seating appeared to be the business class if you can afford it.

Captain/Pilot didn't make sense at times. It seemed like he started off saying something to passengers and then either got confused or forgot what he was saying midway through conversation. This made us nervous given he was flying the plane!

We have travelled around the world so we can compare airlines and flights however this airline was the worst. Fiji is a beautiful country however Fiji Airways needs major improvement in customer service, first aid and renovating their planes. We will never fly this airline again and we will chose to fly a reputable airline such as Air NZ via NZ (even though it takes longer) to get to Fiji. We felt unsafe and my attempts to contact Fiji Airway to provide them with detailed feedback about these flights and my injury have been unsuccessful.

4  Thank TravellingKiwisNZ
Reviewed 9 December 2017

fight was fine and they do their best to allow you to sleep. Free movies, music available the entire flight. Was able to sleep about 5 hours, so the trip did not feel so long. If you can, I would recommend upgrading to business class as you would have more leg room.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 8 December 2017

This is the first time flying Fiji airways and first time too Fiji as well. I am 6 foot 4 tall and normally when I fly I pre-order the extra leg room. But as I found out at the check in you have to pay for extra leg room ,even though it was an international flight. Fiji air charged me $60 each way for the extra leg room,so it was $120 and also wanted the same for my partner. But we refused. So after the plane took off,the cabin crew started putting passengers in the extra leg room at no cost.Not happy. I will avoid Fiji air from now on.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 7 December 2017

So uncomfortable. Cramped hard seats,lack of decent inflight entertainment (we had the same crappy movie between CHCH and Nadi as we had from Nadi to Honolulu. Although Fiji airport wasn't too bad for a 6 hour layover the next leg Included a 2 hour stop on Kiribati where we were offloaded and left in a tin shed for two hours in 40 odd degree heat. We watched with worry while they unloaded bags by hand and left them on tarmac to hand load freight. Not to mention having to be re screened before reboarding plane. The flight back was even worse. Cabin crew stuffing huge bags into overheads with no regard or care for other people's gear already in there. Rough landing in Apia then the appalling slowness at Nadi customs, even though we were connecting to CHCH, a flight we nearly missed. I would never fly them again.

2  Thank Paul M