“Excellent experience”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I am always skeptical about flying with low cost airlines but our experience with Eurowings was excellent. I was a bit worried when I had a query after booking and was advised it could take 6 weeks to receive a response! In reality I got a response within a week.

The Austrian airlines staff were very helpful when the self-check in kiosks did not print baggage tags for our flight. Check in and security at Vienna airport was very easy, security took less than 5 minutes.

We were bused out to the airplane which was a first for me but I hear this is becoming more common. We purchased a combo pack with check in baggage, chosen seats and a snack, we got everything we paid for. Shortly after take off the crew offered us a choice of sandwich and beverage for our snack pack.

The crew were very professional although the women's uniforms are outdated and awful, the men look quite smart in their shirts and ties. Everything went as planned, an excellent experience on a low cost airline.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,987)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Check in was quick Birmingham, flight left on time, pre booked seats were fine.
Vienna check in on return was unmanned but electronic, also ticket was held on iPhone, all went efficiently & well, some brief waiting but not exceptional. Return flight to Birmingham was smooth & event free. Staff seemed efficient at both terminals & on the flights.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Nothing included in the cheap ticket. All extras cost extra what is fair in this case. We believed we bought package with meal on board but that was not notified in the crew list. So, we complained and our request was accepted - we have got a meal free of charge however it was not nice situation. I am not sure was it Eurowings mistake or our booking went wrong. Anyway, plus for Eurowings staff for keeping us satisfied.
Against Eurowings works not perfect following of the time schedule. We flew with Eurowings few times and delay is quite common.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Contrary to some of the bigger name airlines, Eurowings served on both routes a warm meal (very tasty) and later a sandwich along with a great choice of beverages both warm and cold. I would no longer consider Eurowings a "low cost carrier" in the sense of "no service". They can easily keep up with any other airline regarding friendliness, professionality and service. Plus, I really enjoyed the young and motivated crew who had a great sense of humour ontop of that. Anytime again with Eurowings!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Eurowings is the "better" low cost carrier. Much better than Raynair, repaced Air Berlin on many routes. I prefered Air BErlin, but they are gone now. Good Service, the small package With bred water is always the same but ok (if you booked the better Tarife). The planes are new and comfortable, it makes sense to pay for a seat in front to have more space for the legs. I like EW, they have a good app and you can as well get miles and more Points.

1  Thank Oliver K