“Dishonest, misleading and unhelpful - don't book Etihad.”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 5 March 2021

We booked to fly to Abu Dhabi in April on the basis of the COVID policy that we could either get a credit or change our flight if COVID prevented us travelling. There was no mention on the website that we would need to pay the fare difference (within the same class of travel) and when we tried to rebook we were told there were no available options for the entire month of October and we would need to pay a GBP12k fare difference. Obviously if they had been more upfront at the outset we would never have booked. Very disappointing way for an airline to behave - they could easily have accommodated us on the replacement flights and refusing to give a refund and offer an Etihad credit instead is pointless if we cant buy a flight with the credit. Unhelpful and dishonest. Contrast with easyjet and BA who (although reluctantly) both honored their commitments to refund. Shame on Etihad.

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Customer service
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Hi Shaun, our commercial policy is available under the Manage section on our website, with clear terms for rebooking and refund. Terms will differ depending on the dates of booked travel and those you wish might wish to rebook for. Our policy is also regularly updated as we continue to monitor the situation around the Covid-19 pandemic and the related travel regulations. Please feel free to send us your booking details in a private message or reach us in private via our Facebook or Twitter @EtihadHelp profiles, so that we can look more closely into your booking and advise on the applicable options. Thank you. *Max

Write a reviewReviews (16,512)

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

Etihad cancelled my flight from Dammam to delhi scheduled for March 15 2020. I had booked the flight from Bravofly, Last-minute booking.
Now after rigorous follow ups out of 350 euros I have only been credited 65 euros.
And the lame reason they have given me is tha it's Etihad refund policy. Either it's a lie and are demeaning Etihads name

Date of travel: April 2020
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Hi there, all travel agents are updated about our commercial policies, and are responsible to advise their customers about the same and the amounts eligible for refund in case of such requests. Please refer to your agent directly to dispute any discrepancies in your refund. *Max

Reviewed 1 March 2021

I had booked 4 (2adult+2toddler) tickets from Toronto to Mumbai in Feb 2020.
As we all know all the flight were cancelled. In spite of calling etihad multiple times they are not refunding the full amount , for 4 tickets they are charging 1600$ cancellation fee..

I am not planning to travel with my kids till everything settles down , it is risking the safety of my kids who were pre-maturely born and is least recommended to travel in such condition

The only earning member in my family is my husband, It is soo difficult for us in this situation we can not afford losing 1600$ as cancellation fees..

You should give full refund to your customers who trusted you.

Date of travel: June 2020
    • Value for money

Hi there, we are sorry to see your flight with us were cancelled. If your booking is not eligible for refund at the moment, you can obtain it after 12 months from the date of the first cancelled flight as per our waiver policy. Please contact our Call Centre for assistance. You will find our numbers under the "Help" section on our website. Thank you. *Max

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

MOST PATHETIC SERVICE AND RULES!!!

My flight was 8.40 and I was standing in queue since 7.15, there was not a single announcement made that check-in is being closed. I was there with a toddler waiting for my turn like a good citizen, only to show up at counter to be told that CHECK-IN is closed. Mind you at that time it wS only 7.40, the staff member just stared at me and wasted more of my time then I was hurried to another counter that person also wasted my time I was standing and requesting them to please board me since there is still more then 50 mins to fly!!! All to hear no they can’t.

They even agreed there wasn’t even a single announcement that check in being closed.

EXTREMELY RUDE, PATHETIC AND MEAN STAFF WITH 0% COURTESY TOWARDS GUEST! ONE MEMBER HAD AUDACITY TO TELL ME THAT “MAYBE I WAS HABITUAL OF BEING LATE??????!!!!”

Was a loyal customer & gold member but this is my last time flying. Just money making scam to cancel people booking, marking them as no show and again charging full fee to re-book.

WHAT A SHMAE!!! PATHETIC!

Date of travel: February 2021
    • Value for money
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Hi Emma, sorry to hear about your recent experience at the airport. Please feel free to submit your details through this link https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback, so that our Guest Relations team can investigate and get back to you directly. Thanks. *Vio

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

I’m a veteran of travel with Etihad. I have been flying with it for many years now, never faced real issues other than minor issues where their system for some reason puts my full name as a last name and leaves the first name space empty. It was something minor I didn’t mind it, was a bit troublesome while going to USA. I kept traveling with it, wasn’t a major issue. But my last travel with it, (first time after covid 19) was just extremely disappointing.

First thing is, I was supposed to be a gold class member but they couldn’t find my Etihad number on the system. My miles which I collected might have expired but the tear system reset back to basic? It’s fine let’s continue a small issue will not deter me, I don’t need the lounge access, alright I pick Etihad usually because it’s spacious and comfortable in economy it’s a bit more money to spend than flying with air Arabia or those commercial airlines but I will pay a little extra for the comfort, but sad to see I got on a plane similar if not smaller seating arrangement than Air Arabia or fly Dubai. So my extra price was not set on comfort, it was more uncomfortable. maybe the extra price was for the food, they always have awesome snacks and good food right? I mean at least that. No you haven’t guessed correctly, everyone gets a bag with small water, a paratha chicken sandwich which tasted horrible btw and a very cold cheese sandwich which quite literally felt and tasted like eating plastic. Is that for safety? Like people can eat those sandwiches through the mask? I mean, what difference would it be from eating regular food or a horrible sandwiches in both cases you would have to put your mask down anyways to be able to eat. Okay sure. It’s not the same as before, it’s different. The plane is kind of empty and they want to save some money, I get it.

Getting back to UAE, I don’t mind if it was passenger boarding bridge or a bus that take you to the airplane but sure they parked away so maybe a bus would be fine this time. Well I got onto the bus and I was expecting that because of Covid restrictions they will be more organized and separate people into different busses. But no, they put everyone in the plane in one bus, stacked breaths of more than 45 adult passenger and many children in a standing bus. Breaths stacked every mask 10 cm away from the next mask. So basically I’ve been keeping my self safe and away from people just to end up facing the next person face to face breathing their air. It wouldn’t have been a major issue if we divided the people into more busses.

Saying all of this I still would travel with it, maybe I’m just used to traveling with Etihad but if I get the airline voting system again I’m not voting for Etihad anymore. Maybe one vote wouldn’t make the difference to them but I’m really disappointed with their performance. They have an amazing infrastructure but they don’t pay attention to details anymore they are not what Etihad stood for anymore. This is no more Etihad airline that we used to know and love. It’s no longer the presentation of luxury and comfort that it stood for.

Date of travel: February 2021
    • Value for money

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We would like to offer our sincere appreciation for your particular comments and observations. Your feedback and suggestions will be shared with the Managers responsible for their attention and consideration. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we can continue to develop a product which meets and exceeds our guests’ expectations.

We do hope you will join us on another Etihad Airways flight again soon, giving us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service commitment. Thanks. *Vio

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.