“Not sure why this airline has a 5 star rating.its a good airline but not great.”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was enjoyable but it lacked the charm and professionalism of other european and asian competitors.With money you can buy the newest airplane and the best comfort but you cant buy quality service.
On 2 out of the 4 legs the food was below average and for each 9 hour leg we got 2 drinks,1 with each meal.i had constantly to ring ther service bell hence no flight attendant would go around after the meals.

Date of travel: April 2018
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Joerg, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Write a ReviewReviews (11,859)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I first flown with Etihad Airways 6 years ago from Abudhabi to Brisbane and was amazed by the beauty and on board service.
That's why I decided to take it again this time to Bangkok also for the amazing competitive price they offer.
My expectation was a bit too high. I was a bit disappointed about the in flight service, food quality and the flight interior. I understand that it always depends on the route flown however the flight looked like one from the 70s.
Flight attendants were nice, apart the rudeness of a staff at Dublin airport check-in.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have taken Etihad flights before and have had the same type of flight and service. The flight attendants were very professional and courteous. I asked for whatever and got it promptly. It's economy class but they treat the passengers very well. I like the long pour of wine. I appreciate them asking me if I wanted more wine. Some other flights will not ask if passengers need more drinks. I the was okay but I don't like the aroma or spice of the food. I can eat it and not be disgusted. I will take a Etihad flight over and over again.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Value for money

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and are happy to hear you enjoyed your flight with us. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Etihad first class flight from Abu Dhabi to New York was absolutely fantastic. The apartments offered the comfort of home, they came with a vanity, mini bar and headphones to use with your personal entertainment TV. There is a couch which will transform into a bed and a chair which provides comfort settings and reclining options. You will also find your pajamas, slippers and toiletries to freshen up with.

The bathrooms, were very large and clean, provided towels, higher end hand soap, lotion and cologne. The shower is also quite large and easy to maneuver around in, not to mention something every traveler needs for that distance.

The staff are of the best I have encountered on any flight, personable and very willing to accommodate as well as keep you comfortable the entire flight. It feels as if they are looking after you which I appreciate immensely. They are present immediately with a drink upon boarding, taking your menu selections for entrees and drinks and of course, scheduling your shower. The managers also stopped by the apartment to introduce and make sure everything was wonderful, exceptional folks. Just ask the staff when you are ready for your bed to be made and they will set you for turn down service.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello, thank you for your review.
We appreciate you took your time and enjoyed your time on board with us so much.
Hopefully we can welcome you again on board. *Isi

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The business class flight aboard Etihad from the Maldives to Abu Dhabi. The business class seats were extremely comfortable, they provide as much leg room as you could ever require. A pillow and blanket will add to the comfort of the seats in that part of the cabin. They provide headphones and your personal entertainment screen with a vast selection of TV, movies, games, etc.

The staff in business class are very friendly, they offer you a drink upon reaching your seat and record your menu choice. I was disappointed when they had forgotten to bring the drinks we ordered with dinner, then we felt simply ignored when they failed to bring us our desert, yet served everyone else. I was forced to ask specifically for our drinks and desert at the same time, meanwhile the rest of business class was finished eating and working on their after dinner drinks.

I appreciated excellent comfort of the planes facilities we received by booking business class, my impression of the staff was fairly poor. I felt as if they just wanted to get the flight over with while staying out of sight behind the curtain.