“Airline crew Excellent!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was not feeling well and needed to have access to the bathroom, staff helped me move and ensured I was okay during the flight. Very caring.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Marilyn, we are glad to hear that our Crew assisted you well and that you enjoyed your flight with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you on board again soon. *Marc

Write a ReviewReviews (11,534)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight wasvery good, all ran to time. The staff on the leg fromBrisbane to Abu Dhabi was great, if anything was an issue it was that we were unaware that the sleep masks (as we didnt open them) allowed you to be woken or not for food as we didnt use them we missed a few rounds of food. The staff did their job well and were l9vely to deal with. On the leg from Abu Dhabi to Edinburgh the staff were not so engaging but I believe that came down to their nationality overall, but still ensured you were looked after.

I had many dealings with the customer Service in Auckland and cannot speak more highly about the service I received, Rhiannon worked so hard to help me surprise my family and ensure once we got to Brisbane that i surprised them all by ensuring we were all on the same flight and seated together...fabulous work.

I would certainly fly with them again.

Hi Lorraine, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your flight with us as well as the service on board. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you on board again soon. *Marc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flew from LHR To AD on the A380 then AD to Bengaluru on the A321.

Booking was easy and stopover option nice, that’s where customer service ended. Spam emails daily asking me to bid for business class seats incredibly annoying. Having to pay to pick seats isn’t typical of a flag carrier, it’s a trait of a struggling airline or budget airline.

A380 was comfy enough and service was average, entertainment typical Middle Eastern airline standard: picking random episodes from random seasons of random SitComs. No amenities kit on the A380 like Qatar airways... not even a blanket or eye mask on a night flight! A321 was nearly empty but comfy, enjoyed chatting to the Moroccan steward onboard, personal service indeed! This leg was the reason I give 2*.

I wanted to change the date of my return flight, having booked a non-amendable fair I was expecting to pay. They quoted me £550 to change the date... this is £50 more than my total booking price, and I could have booked a new flight with Etihad on my date for £400. “Computer says no” customer service from the Indian call centre.

Won’t use Etihad again, will try Emirates next time... I already know Qatar are good.

• Value for money

Hi Andrew, we are sorry to hear that you did not like your flight with us. Seats can be selected free of charge 24 hours before your flight in our Online Check in. On long haul flights, the amenity kits are available on request or can be purchased on board. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for flying with us. *Marc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived at Manchester Airport 2 hours before flight as advised. Extremely long queues at check-in because of slow moving Etihad staff... long queues at security due to Manchester Airport. Had to run to the gate so as not to miss the flight and developed a slight wheeze as a result. The plane staff then proceeded to remove me from the flight claiming I was having a "medical emergency" in the form of an Asthma attack (dont have Athsma) but said its ok, i could rebook "FOR A SMALL FEE" onto the later flight. Rather than fight the staff who were intimidating me and surrounding me, accusing me of endangering the plane, the passengers and the staff, was bundled off the plane, given my baggage and escorted out of the terminal. They called a doctor and gave them incorrect information to get this "authorised". Considering they thought i was having an athsma attack, they didnt call an ambulance and certainly found me fit enough to carry 40kgs of luggage out of the terminal on my own.

Fast forward 2 hours later, their call centre is charging me almost £900 IN EXTRA CHARGES FOR REBOOKING (thats more than double the cost of my return ticket) and i had to pay a private doctor £120 for a fit to fly certificate as the NHS cannot provide these on the same day.

TOTALLY RIPPED OFF. FINALLY TOOK OFF 12 HOURS LATER, OVER £1000 POORER. NEVER USE ETIHAD...THIS HAS TO BE A BUSINESS PRACTISE. IMAGINE HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MAKE A YEAR IF THEY DO THIS TO A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THEIR PASSENGERS!!!!! DONT BE RIPPED OFF... DONT FLY ETIHAD

Etihad flew 14.8 million people in 2015...imagine how much money they make annually if they do this to just 1% of their passengers!!! Dont be their next victim! Fly with someone else.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank tom r

Hello Tom, we are very sorry to hear about this case. Please share the full details along with your booking reference with us by sending it to feedback@etihad.ae so that our team can investigate the case and get back to you via email. Thank you. *Marc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While I heard many good things about Etihad, there was nothing in my experience to support any of those.

Pro
1. Nice seats and good leg room

Cons
1. Food is abyssmal to say the least. For a 9hr flight, having noodles or pasta is just cheap. Gulf Air served better food for the trip.
2. Not having ice ready with the drinks cart is not world class.
3. Did I say the food is of no good?

A great way to test it is to have the Owner experience the Economy Class offering and let us know. Unless their definition of World Class Service ends where the Economy section starts, there is nothing world class about this whole experience.

For its price and experience, I'd rather pay a little more and just choose another airline.

• Seat comfort
2  Thank Neil L

Hello Neil, we are glad to hear that you liked the legroom and the seats on board. Thank you for your feedback regarding the catering service on board as it helps us to improve the experiences of our guests. Thank you for flying with us. *Marc