“not bad for reasonable priced economy flight ...”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two long haul flights back to back - and SYD - Abu Dhabi is a really long one (14 hours in the air) but apart from that - the flight with Etihad could well match my experiences flying around the globe with some of the other "better" carriers (like Emirates, Singapore Airlines or Air New Zealand).

Service: the crew was on both flights friendly, efficient and caring, though they could offer more drinks during the long flights ... I got them, but I had to ask. It would be nice as well if they would voluntarily come up with some other drinks than water ... offer some juice as alternative, even if not directly asked - particualrly the water on the flight from Abu Dhabi tasted terrible.

Catering: They do feed you, but if you fly to get really well fed, than pick another carrier. None of the meals I had on any of the flights was remarkable. One drawback with Etihad - they don't offer a menue (not even online) - i.e. you don't even know what you choose if the crew comes with their typical "chicken or lamb".

Entertainment system: Particullarly on the long leg SYD - AUD the best I ever experienced in economy class (and I do fly a lot). Amazing screens, responsive touch screens and good and rich content. Full marks for that.

Reliability: All my flights have been on time and my luggage arrived always with me. Can't be any better.

Connection for me was good - three ours waiting in Abu Dhabi is ok - and the airport is certainly one of the better ones.

For me a first with Etihad - but based on these experiences would I not hesitate to use them again if the connection and the price are right ... good one!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BlackPeter_1 ,Thank you for your feedback. Please share your ticket and personal email address via our feedback platform on our website, and we will lodge a complaint for our Guest Relation team's further investigation. We hope to provide you a better experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,452)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This flight did not have the option of purchasing preferred seats online.
The ground staff was not helpful and inhuman, having seeing us traveling with Children and a Snr. Citizen they cared less.
Check-in counter officer warned that the counter will be closed in 10 minutes although there was 1hour 20 min before the flight to leave and the counters were not full.This did not leave us much option to settle our additional baggage and having to pay for same additionally. (One Cabin luggage was refused informing that it was too large although it was not over weight) I wonder how it survived two sectors ie. Colombo to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Manchester in the first place.
When we were going towards the boarding gates, an officer was rushing us from time to time saying that flight was about to leave and we were late. Ultimately I had to tell him that there is an old aged passenger and I have requested for a Wheel Chair online and this was never given and to be human. However when we reached the gate, passengers were still queued up.
When we boarded the flight the flight was so hot inside with the heaters on, but probably they realised the passengers were suffering and the temperature was brought to normal.
The flight left around 8.40PM. Around 9.45PM we were served with some savory biscuits. Savory biscuits at 9.45PM???? The kids were hungry and sleepy and by the time the dinner was served it was 11.15PM.
It was surprising to note that this flight has a scarcity to serve water in all sectors we flew. We called for a cabin attendant and no one came for assistance. We were not alone as we I saw three more lights on calling for a cabin member.
The seats was not to be adjusted 38J and 38K both seats.(Did not bother to call an attendant as they never came for anyone)
This was my worst cabin crew experience.
1. Ground Staff at Manchester Airport - Poor
2. Ground Staff at Abu Dhabi Airport - Excellent
3. Cabin Crew - Terrible
4. Status of Cabin - Clean and comfortable
5. Most of the sectors had almost same entertainment
6. Flights in all sectors run commercials on their Public address system, which was a Nuisance.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us Timal J. It's disappointing to hear you were not pleased with the overall experience with us.
If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travelled to UK with my family. When the flight landed at Abu Dhabi Airport, we requested for water to take medication. The Cabin crew said that all water is locked up and it is not recommended to drink water off the taps (Does this mean that this flight carries unhygienic water?)
1. Ground Staff at Colombo Airport - Excellent
2. Ground Staff at Abu Dhabi Airport - Excellent
3. Cabin Crew - Below Expectations
4. Status of Cabin - Clean and comfortable
Flight run commercials on their Public address system, which was a Nuisance

1  Thank Frank J

Hi Timal J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please forward your complaint to feedbacATetihad.ae and the Guest Relations Team will investigate this further.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time flying with Etihad Airways ..... service exceptional..... fly quite a bit ...... all the air stewards and stewardess were really kind and attentive and friendly, something I haven’t always seen on other flights, a real credit to this airline, I even saw a stewardess help a young mother hold and comfort her 4 month old baby during the flight, just exceptional, and the flight was comfortable and smooth. Well done Etihad.

1  Thank grp500

Thank you grp500 for sharing your kind words about our service and the compliments to our cabin crew on board.See you soon.
Regards *Haithem

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Horrible service. We Missed our connecting flights due to the Flight delay from Amsterdam. And was given a flight 24hours later stranded at the sirport of Serbia without proper assistance. And their customer service sucks no answer no reply on emails, phone no given will direct you back to website, emails will have auto reply that someone will revert. What if there was an emergency is this airlines reliable?? i dont think so , That would be the first and last on ETIHAD. Sucks Big time !!

Hello Renukh R ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please forward your complaint to feedbackATetihad.ae. Then the Guest Relations Team can investigate it further.