“Excellent in flight Service”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Took a flight from AUH to MUC & also return flight back to AUH.

Excellent in flight service, adequate leg space, entertainment - live TV, Hindi movies etc.

Only issue, in spite of mentioning at the time of booking for 'Vegetarian Hindu Meal', we were served with pasta & salad on both the flights. The crew was clueless about this. They couldn't serve the food option requested at the time if booking.

On-time check in, departure, arrival.

Boarding @ AUH & alighting on arrival on return flight @ AUH was not through aerobridge & by bus for a Etihad flight was puzzling....

All in all, a great experience.

EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi piyushshah2018,

Thank you for feedback about your flight from AUH to MUC to AUH. Looks like you had a great experience. We apologize for the issue regarding the meal option, this helps us improve our service going forward.
Once again thank you and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Haithem

Write a ReviewReviews (11,539)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was actually 2 flights, connecting/changing planes in Abu Dhabi. 3 hour layover each way which was enough time to eat, stretch legs and clear customs on the way home in the United Arab Emirates. We paid a little extra and sat in bulkhead seats by an exit door on the plane which gave us about 10 feet of leg room and also room to stand up during the 13-15 hour flight to and from Chicago. Etihad served decent food, kept the plane clean and allowed passengers to get their own water and soda half way during the flight with an informal "bar" area set up. Each seat had a TV screen with numerous entertainment options.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Dear Brian P.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share feedback with us. We are happy to see you had a wonderful experience and you enjoyed the service and food on board. See you soon.

Regards
Haithem

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If I could give Etihad 0 stars, I would. I am writing a review here because I cannot get a response from anybody from Etihad services that is different than "We are sorry and will get back to you as soon as possible" (by the way...I have gotten over 10 of these responses in the last 2 months). Here is my AWFUL EXPERIENCE with Etihad... After leaving passengers stranded on the tarmac for 6 hours, crew management decided to cancel the flight due to technical problems. I know my passenger rights and this is absolutely unacceptable and it is incredible that this lack of professionalism would exist in a supposed “5-star” airline. It was not until after 2:00am that we were escorted off the aircraft and transported to a nearby hotel. We were told absolutely no details about our rescheduled flight until almost 24 hours later. Upon arriving to the airport, the next day, I told an Etihad representative my situation and the fact that I would lose my Delta ticket from JFK->MIA due to the cancellation and delay of the Etihad flights and they told me they could not do anything at the moment. I waited 2 hours to speak to the manager, and finally when I did, he told me to contact Etihad customer service regarding my lost ticket upon arriving at my destination. Due solely to the inefficiency of Etihad airways, I lost my ticket to my final destination and could not get any refund with Delta airlines. Therefore, I had to purchase a $300 USD ticket from JFK to MIA. The fact that I would have to pay for the ticket is absurd, as the cancellation of the flight in Singapore was completely the fault of your company. I am requesting that Etihad reimburses me for not only the INCONVIENCE that this 24-hour delay has caused me, but for the $300 USD amount of the ticket I had to unnecessarily purchase. I did not pay almost $1,000 USD to suffer a 24-hour set back with absolutely no compensation for my time lost and convenience. I am beyond livid with this experience. I would have never expected this kind of service and lack of efficiency with a "prestigious" airline such as yours.

2  Thank Danielle A

Hello Danielle, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us your case number in a private message so that we can follow up with our Guest Relations team to get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a ticket from Mumbai to Detroit for my aunt and the ticket was issued by Alitalia, but flight was operated by Etihad. Naturally I called Etihad customer service for booking the seats, selecting the meal and requesting wheelchair assistance. I had no problems in meal booking and wheelchair assistance, but selecting the seats was really a headache. Over a span of two days, I called their customer service 5 times, just to book the seats for two flights and successfully got a seat for only one of them. On my first call, the reason given to me for not being able to select a seat for the first flight was - "Since the ticket is issued by Alitalia, we cannot book the seats". Per my understanding, it is always the responsibility of the airline that operates the flight to assist in seat selection. After calling Alitalia and being told that it was Etihad's responsibility, I called Etihad again. This time I was told that since my first flight was within 24hrs of departure, Etihad can book the seat for free and maybe the previous agent did not know that and should have checked it". Great! I got the seat for the first flight and was told to call back within 24hrs of departure of the second flight. On that third call, again I was told - "ticket is sold by Alitalia and Etihad cannot book the seats". What the hell? I told the person to call Alitalia right away and get it sorted our as to who was responsible for seat booking. I also told him that I booked seats for my first flight by calling Etihad. The response to that was - "You have to select it online on the website". I told them that I was unable to do that as it did not work, so then I was told to go to the airport to get my seats. Now I was getting irritated by their lack of knowledge and helpfulness. I questioned them about how they can book the seat for one flight and not for the other and how can their policy change so suddenly. The response to that was - "It was done before but we are not supposed to do it. IT CAN BE DONE, BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE". Are you kidding me? Really? So you can tell me that I can book my seats from your website but cannot do it on the phone because it is not supposed to be done that way? Are there different rules for your website and your customer call center within the same airline for seat booking? To be honest, I have never had issues like this with any other airline. By the way, the two calls that I did not mention above were the ones where they disconnected on purpose after telling me to go on their website for seat booking, without even asking me for my booking reference number. Very bad experience with Etihad customer care service and very disappointed at their agents' lack of knowledge and disregard for customers. I hope my aunt has a pleasant flying experience at the least.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)

Hello Saleel, thank you for your feedback. If you have booked your ticket with Alitalia and the flight is operated by us, the seats can not be purchased in advance. You can pnly get seats assigned at the airport in this case. We have changed our seating policy in July, and are not taking a fee for seat selection for all seats. Before the policy has been changed, you were able to select seats with us even if your ticket has been purchased from Alitalia. After the policy change your seats can only be assigned at the airport in this case. *Marc

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Travelled from HYD to JFK, New York, one of the best airlines I have ever travelled with. Excellent service and seat comfort, and foods.

seedhunter, nice and short review, thank you so much. Hope to welcome you again soon. Haithem