“Very poor service”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 21 February 2018

As we were stepping into the flight, the luggage loader hit the engine of the plane and 1+ hour later, we were informed that the engine could be potentially damaged and we would have to deboard and take the flight 24 hours later. After a chaotic 2 hours in the boarding area, we were finally taken to a nearby hotel where we stayed overnight. The next day, we were back in the airport & boarded after lots of confusion 'cos the airline systems were not updated with all the previous day passenger info. As the final straw, the flight was delayed by 1.5+ hours which meant most passengers incl us had to rush to make our connecting flight in Abu Dhabi to Bangalore, and of course, our luggage didn't make it (even though the Etihad personnel in Abu Dhabi assured us that it would). We finally got our luggage 48 hours after we reached Bangalore.
Mechanical issues & cancellations happen. But, how the airline handles such situations is what makes a good or bad airline. Not a single person from Etihad apologized or gave any miles credit for the overnight delay. Or, even for the delayed luggage. A simple sorry would have gone a long way. In fact, the only people who were considerate of the passengers situation were the hotel personnel in Nairobi. Even with the delayed luggage, the local luggage service company was more forthcoming and helpful, with absolutely no help/info from Etihad.
Very bad experience with this airline - our first and last time we will ever fly Etihad.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank RaviMN
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Ravi,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Please reach out to us via our Feedback Form on our website so that we can look into this matter further. Once again, we apologise for your delayed luggage and the inconvenience that has been caused.

Thank you. *Rose

Write a ReviewReviews (10,066)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Flown last year with them, very good.,this time just about OK.,I flew onwards 2 days later to Perth, just about the same service. Aircraft and toilets clean. Good leg room for me but i’m Only small. In flight entertainment average, food ok . Would have been better if the staff came round with water more regularly. Value for money was good.

Dear Irene,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us. Please feel free to share more via private message so that we can help improve our services for the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve flown with Etihad a lot over the years and have always thought they were superb, and so this was a bit of a shock. The plane seemed really old, worn out and tired, and the food was terrible (I had a vegan meal, and I know some will expect that to be poor but usually it’s really very good on Etihad). For a 7 hour flight all anyone had was one meal and a hot sandwich. No trolley service was offered. The staff were, as ever, very polite, but they clearly have been told not to offer snacks or drinks.

Shame. I’d have alway recommended Etihad in the past, but not on this showing. Need to get back to what they were.

1  Thank Edward B

Dear Edward,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us on board. We would like to hear more so that we can improve this for the future. Would it be possible to share your feedback with us via our website please?

Reviewed 21 February 2018

OMG ! i cant say enough good things about these guys on Etihad. OK i understand that First class is supposed to be amazing and should not be a surprise but i have flown on other airlines in FC and have had annoying issues with baggage , connections etc .
since i had a very tight connection in Abu dhabi , they had a special benz on the Tarmac ( all the ramps were full ) ready to whisk me to the next gate in a jiffy or else i would have missed my connection to kuwait now that's customer service . The chef on board the flight too was amazing and made me a special steak which was yummy to the core.
only one slight complaint would be the cabin could have been cleaner ..found a couple of tissues lying around which is a no no in FC. or for that matter in any class of travel.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Dear Shabbirsk,

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable First Class experience with us. :) Please let us know when you will be joining us again!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Hi everyone I want to ask everybody who want to take flight please it’s a request don’t take Etihad airline. I and my daughter came from Brusel to India. On the way she (6years) is sick and they don’t provide the second flight from Abu Dhabi to India. They said she is not ok. When she is perfect then u get paper from doctors and afterward u have to go. They refused to give accommodations and medical and said u have to do urself. This is new for me how I manage hotels and rest. In the flight they announced that it’s our duty to reach u safely in ur destination. I don’t have visa and don’t have passports where I have to go now. I requested to middle class family don’t take this flights. I don’t have enough money for hotels and rest. The staff of Etihad said u have to go where u want we don’t provide u anything. Now we mother and daughters sleeping the Etihad airport floor.

1  Thank Singh S

Dear Singh,

We would like to look into this matter further to investigate why this happened. Please send us a private message with your booking reference.