“Bad Customer Service”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I was told that I will be refunded for the baggage fees that was charged because of the code share mess between Etihad and American Airlines and its been almost a month and no sign of refund. The Guest Relations Officer who responded to my feedback promised the refund a month ago and since then I have been asking for a status and haven't received my refund yet in spite of providing all the details that were requested. Etihad Airlines being such a big corporate and a world class service is terrible at taking care of the passengers. I had a grim of hope when they responded to my feedback and mentioned they will refund the baggage fees but now all is lost and have no faith in this airline any more.

1  Thank Pavan08
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi Pavan, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please send us your case number in a private message, so we can have a look into your case, in order to find a solution asap. Thanks! *Ivy

Write a ReviewReviews (11,523)

Reviewed 20 February 2018

06:00 at the airport for a 08:10 flight. Arriving at 09:10 the next day in Hong Kong. Easy to check in on line before travelling, you don't expect it to be so busy at such an early hour. Bag Drop off reminded me of the old cue to check in but was quite quick and the "have you packed your own bag" questions.
Several people were struggling to get their cabin luggage in to the size checker, I saw wheels being pulled off handle pulled off just to make it fit. I had a soft sided rucksack which went through with no problem.
Then it was off to security check in a bit like sheep herding with people barking at you over not having more than 100ml of any one product in a clear 1l bag.
Better to take nothing and buy it when you get there, then jettison it at the end before travelling back. You can get Duty Free (not profit free) at all 3 airports.

Once on the plane very pleasant and helpful staff, Standard type aeroplane food with a meal and a snack on each leg of the flight. Entertainment package was fine but you might run out of options if you are an avid film viewer or have watched a lot of TV.
There were delays in Take Off from the published times but all connections worked well.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hello John, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 20 February 2018

very nice business class, with plenty of leg space ....
service was good, I would take EK again ... !

Thank Hans-Jürgen Seb... F

Sounds like an EY flight :) We hope to see you on board again. *Zozo

Reviewed 19 February 2018

4 weeks ago I flew with Etihad to Sydney to visit my niece, I gave a mixed review and wasn't sure based on part of my experience if I would fly with them again. Well based on my return journey I would. The check in was quick and efficient and extremely helpful, very chatty 5 stars. The cabin crew on both legs of the flight were delightful, nothing was too much trouble. The food was tasty on the first leg (EY455). On the second leg of the flight the crew were amazing, they worked well together and laughed and joked with many of us. We were served breakfast and there were plenty of snacks during the journey. I like to have a Gin and tonic and when requested it was express service. Please thank the lovely ladies on flight EY19 they made the flight so enjoyable. I have filled out the Eithad guest membership card to fly with them again.
5 stars well done very impressed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for giving us a good rating and for recommending us to other travelers. Our crew will be very happy to hear this :) We hope to fly with you again. Have a good day. *Zozo

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Love flying with Etihad. Even economy is OK. The only negatives were the strange (and rather unpleasant) hot sandwiches they serve. I also had a problem with the 240V socket in both mine and my wife seats. Having said that the flight was decent and both left and arrived on time. Entertainment system is also pretty good.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for your review and for choosing us as your carrier. We are happy that you enjoyed your flight and we are looking forward to fly with us again. *Zozo