“Worst after flight service we have come across - never again”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Etihad have no after sale service! After cancelling our flight to Brisbane they bundled us into a bus for a 5 + hour trip to Manchester, no one from Etihad to meet us at Manchester, no fast track recheckin and then lied to us about availability of a direct flight to Brisbane fron Abi Dhabi. Because we left fttom an EU airport (eventually), we are entitled to reimbursement-contacted their customer service team, no reply. Contacted via Facebook, reply but zero help, alwsys 'we are looking into this for you'. Follow the Etihad posts, lots of similar complaints, we are taking legal action againt them. Will never fly with them again, nor recommend them.

2  Thank sharontravel2015
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to learn of the difficulties you experienced with your recent travel. We would like to investigate this further for you, can we ask that you send your feedback, along with your ticket number to socialmedia@etihad.ae and we will create a case for you. Once your case has been created, it will be assigned to an officer for review and investigation. After the review has been completed, a member of the team will be in touch with you. Thanks *Nic

Write a ReviewReviews (11,655)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Hi
My name is Mohamed Said It was the my first time to fly with Etihad i went to Etihad website and booked my tickets i got the confirmation that my flight will arrive to Cairo Wednesday 10/04 at 1145 pm and i was going to Egypt for an important business trip so i scheduled meetings on Thursday 10/05 which all were cancelled due to the wrong information provided to me, i went to the counter at Abu Dhabi airport and the rep told me it happens and that he never sent me anything as if i am talking to a guy in the street not a multinational company representative he asked me to call the hotline when i arrive to Egypt and i did but they told me i should speak to someone at the counter so they keep throwing you around, one of my worst flying and customer service experiences ever adding to that when i was flying from Abu Dhabi to Cairo the 2 flight attendant argued for over 5 mins over who should pick up my empty tray which i never seen something like that before in my life .

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Madomars,
Thank you for contacting us.
In order for us to investigate this further, kindly provide us with your Etihad booking reference or ticket number starting with 607 on a private message.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Some time ago, we booked to come to Singapore as my wife spent 6 years of her childhood here, with her parents.

I have mobility and health problems so Business Class was essential and after reviewing the options, we chose Etihad.

What a mistake.

First problem trying to contact their "Customer Service" (there's a joke) to arrange airport assistance. I tried 3 times and got nowhere fast. My wife took over from me, was hung up on, given wrong number and finally spoke to someone who only showed any interest, when he discovered we were traveling Business.

Leg to Abu Dhabi on A380 I have to admit wasn't bad. At Abu Dhabi was where the problems started.

Taken from aircraft to lounge by wheelchair OK. Only when collected for next flight when I was wheeled to a gate and told to climb on to a bus, not easy but OK. Bus then took us miles across airport to a waiting Boeing 777 with stairs to climb. Pointed out that if I could climb stairs well, I wouldn't need wheelchair assistance. Staff were no help at all. It was only with the kind help of fellow passengers, we actually got on board.

For Business Class on a 'flag' carrier the aircraft was a disgrace. Not very clean, trim falling off seats and panels and the noise once it started! Also the advertising for Etihad Business Class said lie flat seats, 6'6" legroom. I couldn't put my seat down flat but the most legroom I could achieve must have been about 5'6" (I'm 6'4")

All in all by the time we arrived in Singapore, I was in agony. I spent the first three days of our "holiday of a lifetime", flat on my back in bed on painkillers.

After this I contacted Etihad Customer Service to vent my spleen.

Fortunately I copied the agent we booked through as apart from an automated response, I heard nothing. She contacted me to say what did I think about the reply the she had received but was never sent to me.

Since then this young lady has been trying her best to ensure that the return journey isn't the same as the outward one.

Etihad though are just not interested!

Two further emails I've sent haven't been answered and I'm sitting here in Singapore, dreading our journey home.

What should of been a marvelous holiday of remembrance has turned into a three week stay, of dread of the impending flights.

I can only, with all my might, urge, do not use this airline.

3  Thank geoffreyb149
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Geoffrey B,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We booked a flight from Palma de Mallorca to New Delhi, at first our flights were operated by Air Berlin and because of the bankrupt of this company, Etihad exchanged our Flight without asking us if we agree with that. Now we are arriving late at Delhi and we have to change our Plans. I think if they exchange our flights they should give us other options in order to adapt that to our plan.

Dear Miquela M,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Wow what a service. With 30 € extra payment I have upgraded from Economy to Business Class and even when the flight was only 3 hours I enjoyed this experience.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Mike S, Thank you for your big compliments and your full star rating. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. It’s always good to hear our guests enjoyed their time with us. Thank you so much. *Sami