“Good, but I expected more”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The business class cabin does feel a little cramped, and the seat a little narrow compared to other business class flights. The food was good, however, at no time was I offered any top up of my drink with dinner. To my surprise, no pyjamas were offered on the long section of the flight. It would appear that I am supposed to sleep in my clothes. The toiletry bag was cute but basic. The choice of films and entertainment is not as plentiful as some other carriers, so that was a big miss. Would I fly again, depends on the price.

1  Thank davcol_1
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. *Zozo

Write a ReviewReviews (7,363)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

It is a long flight from Johannesburg to Bangkok, Thailand. The fully it was a pleasant flight. The one noticeable change from my previous flight in Sept 2016 was the cost cutting with regards to the food served on board. On my flight in 2016, the meals were far better than the ones I got
In 2017. A simple thing like the tea they served has changed
I was able to get herbal tea on every flight in 2016 and in 2017 I was told they only serve normal black tea and nothing else. However, for people they know on board, tea and coffee from first class is arranged for them. One lady have the staff in economy a packet of biscuits and was told let us know if u want a cappuccino. Since when is this served in economy!!!!.

• Value for money
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Ishram,

thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed by our catering. Please be ensured that we will share it with our catering unit, which always appreciates feedback in order to improve our services and quality. *Mario

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Contacting Etihad before we flew was a bit of a nightmare. The phone numbers on the website kept ringing out and there didn't seem to be a way to send them a message.

We eventually found a number that worked, but when we did get through they were unhelpful. We had a question about sports equipment but it couldn't be answered.

Apparently they don't work to any set rules, we were told it was up to the person checking in the baggage as to whether we could take one bag with the extra equipment of two, so we had to take a chance! Luckily we guessed right (or it didn't matter). In any case I thought it was poor they couldn't answer a simple question.

The first leg out was OK, a large plane with reasonably comfortable seats. Poor entertainment system and poor food. Ahead of schedule, which made a nice change.

Second leg was also OK, but same issues as with the first leg. The plane was much emptier so we could spread out a bit... always a luxury.

The flight back was pretty poor. Seats were very uncomfortable and seemed narrow (probably because my neighbour was quite large and spread over my seat). Food again poor and the service from the cabin crew not as good as normal. It was as if they were at the end of a long set of shifts and really couldn't be bothered.

Big plus was all flights were broadly on time ore even early.

1  Thank DickBurton

Dear DickBurton,

thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your recent flight experience with us. We would like to ask you kindly to provide us with more details. Please send this feedback along with your flight details and booking reference to: socialmedia@etihad.ae so our Guest Relations team can get back to you. Thank you in advance. *Mario

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Flying business with one of the best airlines in the world is always a good experience. The "but", not deserving 5 stars, is that you often feel yourself one small piece of a small machinery. It is the opposite of Alitalia, where in certain flight the service is more human, although rough. Wine is good, food is good, everything is perfect, but without a human touch.

1  Thank Cravi8
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Your feedback is highly appreciated as it helps us to take a closer look as we continuously aim improve and innovate our services *Dino

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Very friendly and helpful counter staff made the start to this epic journey enjoyable. Service, food and seating were better than expected. Great airline , will recommend to my friends

1  Thank NeilSchier

Happy to hear your feedback! Thank you for sharing your review with us *Dino