“Loved the dreamliner”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We recently flew Brisbane to Dublin with a 3 hr stop in Abu Dhabi. The first leg was very good in the 787 and the business class seats were very roomy and comfortable. The second leg was on a very old A330. The business class seating was cramped for me (6'-3") and the cabin had some very noisy passengers. I didn't eat on the first leg but the food on the second was quite good. The airport was packed for the stopover and the lounge was crowded too. A new airport is nearing completion . The sooner the better.

Date of travel: August 2017
    • Value for money
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

We are happy you enjoy traveling on our new B787! We are adding new destinations with this fantastic aircraft! What about Seoul or Amsterdam? More coming :) *Dino

Write a reviewReviews (16,493)

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The services at the check in and on the plane was good.
Check-in was smooth and baggage claim without problems.
Seat was comfortable with enough leg room.
In flight WiFi was very good

Date of travel: February 2017
1  Thank DanieFSouthAfrica

We are happy to read you enjoyed traveling with us! Thank you for your review! :) *Dino

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We flew from Abu Dhabi to Paris (Business Class round trip). We enjoyed the flight very much. The seats were very comfortable and offered the needed privacy. Service provided throughout the 6 hour plus flight by the cabin crew was 5 stars. The In-Flight Entertainment service provided very good options. The A La Carte menu had options that suited different tastes. Highly recommend flying Etihad Business Class.

Date of travel: June 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us :) *Dino

Reviewed 31 August 2017

An overall pleasant and friendly flight.
If you are seated towards the back of the plane, then I suggest pre-ordering your food as most times the better meals get finished by passengers in the front.

Date of travel: December 2016
    • Check-in and boarding
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Ela

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My booking PNR was HSEIXW and I bought online connection of Delhi-SFO-Delhi sold by your prestigious airline. We were three passengers covered by this booking- Ashok Kumar Dheri, Manju Dheri and Shruti Dheri (myself).

I am a frequent flyer on Emirates and rarely experiment with any other airline when Emirates is an option, however, my bad that I thought maybe Etihad is a good second option for this sector. Am utterly disappointed with Etihad and its entire way of operating on this sector.

First of all, I had online requested my seats and given my frequent flyer numbers. However, while checking in at the Delhi T3 airport, I was told that the frequent flyer numbers were not updated in my booking. Further, the Etihad representative who was handling my check in at Delhi Airport, told me emphatically that I would not be required to immigrate in SFO as my immigration will be done in Abu Dhabi. This inspite of him seeing that we had a connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to Dusseldorf (operated by Etihad) and another flight from Dusseldorf to SFO (operated by Etihad’s so called code sharing partner cattle car operator Air Berlin).

Anyways, at our first stop in Abu Dhabi the staff tells us that the immigration cannot be done in Abu Dhabi given that our next flight is not directly flying to SFO.

After all the above confusion, we took the next flight to Dusseldorf. While that was still a bearable connection, the actual shock came with Air Berlin!!!

An airline of your repute should not partner with another airline which is in shambles- the seats, the service, the food- you name it and it was horrible!! I had senior parents traveling with me and this was the longest stretch of our trip and even though I requested for better seats with more legroom, am told I need to pay for them-100 Euros a seat! For me it was not Air Berlin that went bad, it was Etihad all the way. I bought the connection in your name and I was made a fool of. The way passengers were treated at Dusseldorf Airport was a shame.

I am so disgusted with the cattle car leg room and the food and the fact that seats can’t be pre-booked unless paid for, that I am going to go all out on social media to ridicule your airline and the way they fool consumers like us! I paid a fortune on these tickets only to get service which was worse than a bus service.

Your meals are not suited to the Indian palette and your team needs to learn a lesson in hospitality from Emirates. I have been traveling with Emirates for 20 years now and never have I faced such a problem.

Am a disgruntled customer of yours and really want to know what you have to say to my above account.

Date of travel: August 2017
2  Thank shrutdheri

Hello Shrutdheri, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment about airberlin.
We do offer non-stop flights AUH-SFO which is less time as the immigration will be done in Abu Dhabi directly. *Ela

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.