“Besides For Daniela, Flight Was All Rotten.”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I would've given it only 1-star but Daniela's (The Stewardess on board) helpful, cheerful presence forced me to add another star to make it a 2-star.
The flight in discussion is AUH to JFK on 14th June 2017. Etihad has managed to squeeze in probably one or more extra rows of seats in economy section thus taking away passengers ability to even move their knees; once you squeeze in and sit, then keep sitting in that position or bruise your knees. This is the height of greed; 13-15 hrs. of flight and you can’t even stand up straight to stretch your legs! One feels like an animal stuffed into a tight cage. It’s a punishment. I felt like being tortured on this flight. You’ll start feeling embarrassed of yourself for not buying a business class ticket and THAT is their aim. They’ll punish you so much that in future you’ll promised not to travel unless you have extra money to purchase $5000.00 ticket. Hey, if I’d like to go visit my homeland twice a year, now maybe I’ll visit only once after two years! You’ll lose eventually. The moment some other airline gives you a little extra legroom, passengers will rush to get that flight instead. There’s no room to get in or get out of your seat! Same experience from NYC to LHE.
Their breakfast consisted of banana bread with some syrup on it making it totally soggy with candy wafers! Was this breakfast? Even my 12 year old hated it. He said “who’d offer candies and this soggy stuff for breakfast?”
Meal was another joke. They’ll give you a menu to choose your entrée from but then serve you the only dish they have in the house, no choice! Why give the menu? The stewardess even asked, “What would you like to have? When told our choice she said all she had was a certain dish, no choice; I said, “Then why ask?” Just put it in front of us. They gave us boxes of lunch like you get in inter-city busses in Pakistan. Shameful!
My son had a blanket around him; soon he started itching. I checked and saw rashes on his body anywhere the blanket touched. I asked the hostess Daniela for some moisturizing cream because his skin had become very dry at the rash spots. International long distance flights always used to have toiletries and lotions. Bathroom didn’t have any moisturizing cream. Daniela brought it from somewhere and together she brought some ice and towels to ease the itch. She said some others were also getting rashes from the blankets! Either it was poor material or cheap way of cleaning them, either way the passengers suffer.
I wrote a great review of Etihad Airlines once, but that was when I traveled in business class. Now I know the reality. In economy they’ll make you suffer and force you to travel in business class in future.
The flight from AUH Abu Dhabi to Lahore was an older plane. But we loved this plane. It had roomy seats as roomy as business class! You could even cross your legs! Can you imagine the comfort? This was from old times when airlines used to treat you like humans. Greed has overcome passenger comfort; back then comfort used to be top priority of airlines. It reminded me of the pleasant trips we used to have and was a slap on the face of this present-day international flight.
Reading my review you can easily figure out that the executives push the cabin crew to do the maximum within limited resources, but when it comes to let go of a few pennies and provide good food and seat comfort, they'll not only refuse but try to squeeze in more seats and make extra money out of food expenses as well, that's totally unethical.

1  Thank MirrorMalik
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and thoughts about your experience in Economy Class. Please feel free to reach us on our Social Media channels should you have any questions or require assistance. *Dino

Write a ReviewReviews (7,351)

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Chauffeur in Frankfurt, check-in, lounge and flights - could not ask for anything more. Staff are attentive but not intrusive, meals and beverages are exceptional and cabin comfort is just about perfect. My wife became unwell on the flight and the cabin crew could not have done more to make her more comfortable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you Mkno, your positive review makes us happy. Our cabin crew will always do their best to provide you and all our Guests the most comfortable and safe flight as possible. We appreciate your kind words and all the details described. We can't wait to see you on board again :) *Dino

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Having flown both economy and business on Etihad, I would say the following: Business class has great configuration and seats are quite comfy. Food is good but lags behind Qatar and Emirates. Service also lags. Business class lounge in home country is a bit better than Qatar because of free massage etc. In terms of economy class, seating is the same, service and food are a distant third from Qatar and Emirates. However, their miles program is the very best.

1  Thank nchammmer

Thank you for your feedback! *Dino

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Flew home for visit to family and to attend a training course, again flew with Etihad as they are one of my top 3 airlines of the world. They never fail to impress from the greeting at the door to excellent service to the attentive needs of the individual. We travel with a 6 & 3 year old and the in-flight staff always have time to chat and play with them, sourcing games and playthings to keep them amused. They plied my 3 year old packets of biscuits to keep him happy when he was grumpy from ear popping and cuddled him to help him settle.
The food quality is second to none, no stale rolls and rubber eggs on this airline!! If you require service then press your button and generally no more than a minute for someone to come over. Each end the staff were friendly and helpful especially with the kids, helping with priority boarding the little ones and ensuring they are seated first. The aircraft are state of the art and modern, have flown on A380's and triple 7's with them. Although they are in the mid-range you get, as they say, what you pay for.
Spoil yourself and fly with Etihad.....they never strike either unlike some we all know ;)

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for your message Carl! We love to know you are one of our loyal Guests. What do you enjoy the most when flying with our A380? :) We definitely look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day *Dino

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I had no complaints about my recent, long, trip on Etihad. It wasn't as nice as trips I've taken on Emirates, but the planes were still relatively new and clean, and the service was good. The entertainment selection was also good. I'd absolutely fly Etihad again.

1  Thank Arielle T

Thank you for sharing your feedback and see you soon again Arielle *Dino