“Emirates”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good. I liked it. I like the food and I like watching movies. Their entertainment is pretty good. The staff service is also pretty good.

Date of travel: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (61,663)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used emirates to fly to USA for the first time “would be my last” and the experience is really bad for an airline that market themselves as one of the worlds top. The so called emirates security group personally got aggressive with me because I did not understand his question and asked him to explain it in a better way. “He most likely speaking a different form of American English that I could understand” so instead of explaining he got in my face started to get louder and then told them to extra search me because I asked him to explain his question. Using his power. To mention I m a tsa pre in United States.
And then at the plane with all the COVID outbreaks especially in Dubai they came to us asking to mask my 1 year old niece. Yet 5here was 24 people out of the 80 passengers without a mask for most of the flight, and I complained twice with no action from the crew members.

Not worth the marketing they make for them self. I have used more than 8 carriers to go overseas but never a careless disrespectful airline like this before.

1  Thank saeed917
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had booked a ticket for me n my family on Feb 1st 2021 from dammam to Cochin via dubai which is 9n half hours flight duration. The Emirates people have rescheduled it to 3rd Feb which will reach Cochin airport on 5th Feb which is almost a 25 hours flight . On the same day which is on Feb 3rd there is another flight of this same Emirates which has a short duration which is 6hours they did not reschedule us to that flight and rescheduled for 25 hours flight duration one. Since I have a small kid of 4 year with me the flight timings are inconvenient for me. The 6hours duration ones will be high cost and that will be open for new booking and for us they rescheduled to an inconvenient flight for their own cheap benifits I called Emirates several times and told my situation so they said we could change date and time as per our convenience without any additional amount. As I booked my tickets via an agency only they were able to change date n time of my flight and when they tried it said the tickets are unable to confirm. Now I am planning to cancel my tickets because I want to fly to native according to my convenience and not Emirates convenience.I had thought Emirates had got such a reputation but no it's wrong they cancel the flight whenever they want and they reschedule according to their wish and not for people. This is such a shame on Emirates. Anyways I need my refund for my tickets I even doubt will they give my full refund or will they cheat my money. I just have a bad image for Emirates. One side they will say we can change and reschedule as per our convenience and when we try to book accordingly they say it is unable to confirm so that we will cancel our booking and since it is a last minute ticket booking costs are really high and they know we would pay any amount and book an another ticket which is double the amount of previous booking this is their cheap business strategy. Emirates will be the last option to book tikets for, as there are many other better airlines which is reputed and more customer friendly and they take care of their customer. Emirates is the worst flight service providers in the world.

1  Thank 972shwetav
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Emirates remains the world's best...I will always remember the good they offered me during my last trip to Lagos Nigeria when I lost my father back home in the same period I was supposed to fly back to Dubai. I called Emirates office to reconfirm my ticket of which I had to pay a certain amount. So after explaining why I won't be able to fly at my stipulated date, they asked me to hold the line for confirmation above. So they told me to give my next date that they would reconfirm my ticket free of charge. Infact, I was full of joy althrough.
God bless Emirates.
Okoh Fred Ojei

Date of travel: November 2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had heard that Emirates provided amazing experience, so booked a return flight from Auckland to Glasgow to visit my fiance after being apart for nearly 12 months. I originally booked my flight for July 2020, but that was cancelled due to covid-19. So, I decided in good faith to keep my ticket and use it for December 2020 instead.

At the check-in desk for my flight to Glasgow, I was served by a rude and curt customer services representative who refused to let me carry my laptop bag and a carryon suitcase (despite direct confirmation from an Emirates employee that my laptop bag would not be weighed). She charged me $280 for excess baggage and forced me to check-in my carryon suitcase, and I had no choice but to pay the fee. Apart from that, my journey to Glasgow was ok and the on flight experience was decent.

The journey back to Auckland in January 2021, however was much more traumatic. I had booked a hotel room at Dubai International Hotel for 6 of my 8 hour transit far in advance, to keep myself safe and minimise the risk of catching covid-19 in the terminal. I arrived on the 18th of January at about 2am to check-in and was informed that my booking, which had been booked directly with Emirates was CANCELLED. This was the last thing that I wanted to hear after an exhausting 8 hour flight near a screaming toddler on the plane. After nearly 2 HOURS, I arrived at an Emirates desk where the employee was inconsiderate and extremely unhelpful. He said, "What can I do about your booking? I am not the prebooking team, this is Emirates Connect. I can't help you. What can I do?" Terrible customer service. Only after I had insisted that my hotel booking had been confirmed, he investigated and discovered that my booking had been CANCELLED ON THE 15TH OF DECEMBER. What I cannot comprehend is how Emirates booked the hotel for me, confirmed the booking and took my money ($198) on the 14th of December. And now, over a MONTH later, they still have not refunded the money they stole from me.

Because of their incompetence and because I was at the limits of my exhaustion, I gave up and booked a hotel room at the excessive price of $290 for only 3 hours. I was so frustrated, stressed and traumatised by Emirates' mistreatment of myself as a solo female traveller, that I was unable to rest before I had to catch my flight to Auckland.

I was horrified when I got on the plane to discover that in the economy section, there was NO SOCIAL DISTANCING. There were only 1 seat gaps between people, maximising the risk for covid-19 to be transmitted. This was innappropriately done by Emirates and because I happened to be sitting near someone who tested positive for covid-19, I had to remain locked in my hotel room for 7 DAYS in New Zealand. Even now, 7 days after I've arrived, I am still suffering because of the traumatic and stressful experience that I had. Unless Emirates improves their customer service and treats people with more respect, I will not be booking with them again. I am hoping that I will receive compensation and a refund.

3  Thank Longdistancegal