“Vacation to Maldives”
Review of Emirates

Emirates-Maldives
September 12-19/2018
Left jfk-New York and flew about 12 hours to Dubai. Arrived at Dubai then took another 4 hours flight to Male-all on Emirates airline.
Service was exceptional-option of meals, snacks, wines, liquors.
Entire team was very helpful and accommodating during this very long flight.
Would definitely fly with them again and would recommend to all my friends-it’s the best airline

Write a ReviewReviews (41,531)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was two flights, connecting in Dubai, both in (a very long) daytime!
We used the business class lounge in Singapore for breakfast. The food selection and quality was good, and the lady at reception was welcoming; however, the catering staff were less welcoming (for example in answering questions about the food) than we had experienced in Qantas lounges.
The first flight (on a Boeing 777) was about an hour late leaving Singapore, apparently due to a late arrival from Dubai, and then waiting for air traffic control. The waiting was a bit stressful because of the connection in Dubai, but we relaxed once we were en route and knew we would still have good time to make the connection.
The business class seats, and facilities at the seats, were excellent – handheld screen and large TV screen, and a little individual mini-bar of soft drinks. The catering provision was also excellent with offerings of pre-departure drink, pre-lunch drink, excellent choice for three-course lunch, and plenty of wines etc. on offer for people who want them. I don’t have wine and asked for a non-alcoholic ‘mocktail’ from the menu, but this did not arrive until after my meal as it had been forgotten.
However, my primary reason for the poor rating for this flight is the lack of toilet facilities. There appeared to be just two business class toilets in the 777, one either side of the galley. However, one of the toilets was taped off as ‘inoperable’, meaning there was just one toilet available for the whole business class cabin. This meant that a long queue was developing in the galley area as the crew were preparing the food for lunch – not ideal for a number of reasons. I realise this must have been irritating for the crew, but the crew member I asked if there was another toilet for business class was extremely abrupt, just saying ‘no, that one’s out of service’; and when I asked, prompted by discussion with another passenger, if we could use economy toilets, she said ‘no, they’re doing a service there’. There was no apology, no ‘I’m sorry’.
In general, I thought the crew (with the exception of one male crew member) seemed more abrupt and unfriendly compared to other airlines I have flown with. (My companion reported the same when he told them the handwash had run out.)
I’m not sure if the toilet was out of action from the start of the flight, but if not, it was certainly not very far in. Given how much they encourage people to drink on the flights, I think a little more thought should be given to contingencies for out-of-service toilets!
We had a short time in the business class lounge at Dubai between the two flights, and the facilities here were outstanding.
The second flight, from Dubai to London, was on an A380. Again food and drink provision was excellent. There was a huge selection of in-flight entertainment, and it was a novelty to be able to use the Wi-Fi in flight!

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is not the first time we have flown with Emirates and won’t b the last. Got good deal on our tickets. All our flights were on schedule. Crew on all our flights were fantastic. Considering the long travel time we were made as comfortable as possible and the food was excellent. Well done Emirates.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

travelled lon to dubai . i had so much recommendations and comments on the service this was my 1st time using Emirates. i didnt feel it was anything wow nothing compared to virgin . the inflight entertainment is good. the food was but the kids menu should also be available before online as all other menus are. also i think the service in terms of drinks is a bit slow and limited handouts comparing to other airlines. outward journey we had free wifi for a limited timebut dubai to london none it was chargeable . is this due to different aircraft ?
i am not sure about emirates I will use them again just to finalise service but to me its nothing wow

the entertainment and onscreen services and leg room is 5 star for economy you do get more than you are bargained for its a spacious aircraft on both routes .

thank you for bringing me back home to london safety

• Value for money
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After taking this flight several times now I was happy to see the new food on the menu. It was time for a bit update and for some new tastes. All other things were as usual: cabin crew was perfect, polite and kind, in-time departure without any inconvenience. In-flight entertainment still the best, however the Wi-Fi had to be restart and it took a while, but the crew immediately reacted after my question. I really like the ice cream on this route.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)