“Professional, pleasant and smooth + handling a medical case midflight”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I flew Emirates from Bali to Dubai then from Dubai to Beirut last June. The entire trip was very smooth, led by professional staff that were always pleasantly smiling and appeared to be very well trained. The in-flight entertainment system was very high-tech, high quality and varied. Now a particular thing about my flight was that there was a medical case of one of the passengers who had a sudden drop in blood pressure mid-flight. I was amazed to see how professionally the crew members handled it, directly giving oxygen support, medicine and comforting the passenger, including a few jokes to make her laugh. The entire trip let the many hours of flight proceed smoothly

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (61,610)

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Overall experience- above average. Clean and functional aircrafts. Average service and poor attitude.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

A asked for assistance and was pleased with the service I get at every point. I was never left alone and was speeded through immigration and security.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 20 September 2018

[Singapore to Dubai: Emirates 355] The cabin overhead storage cannot be closed completely and needs to be fixed as the cover is stretched in an angle that made it impossible to close properly. The staff was also inattentive to the lady seated behind me and needed me to call them over to assist her as she was hitting the screen at the back of my headrest viciously and it really caused me a migraine and made me very upset. [Dubai to Vienna: Emirates 127] The overhead air vents would leak and icy water would fall on us. occasionally, there were even little ice balls. Also, the male passenger beside us called for water multiple times and his request was not fulfilled for at least 30mins. [Vienna to Dubai: Emirates 128, 8 Sep 2018, 15:30] The chicken option for the in-flight meal was gone by the time it came to us. What was ridiculous was that the Stewardess shrugged her shoulders when we enquired if we could get chicken meals from other cabins. She merely said that she would try later on but it was subjected to availability—something that we understood—but her attitude was the issue as she spoke with a tone that suggested “take it or leave it” and she shrugged her shoulders repeatedly as if to say it is purely up to us whether we’d get food or not. She also repeatedly mentioned that there were only beef meals left and we should consider it. The issue was that there were only special meals like vegetarian/ vegan/ allergies to seafood, but there is no option for those who don’t take beef. It was only when I explained that I don’t eat beef because I am a Buddhist that she relented and even then, she said—twice—if she couldn’t find any chicken meals later on, then there is nothing she could do. In addition, the seat pocket in front of me is battered. The fabric was torn and the wire structure was already sticking out plainly for all to see. Also, the seat cushions were already loose and would move about easily as though it would fall out soon. [Dubai to Singapore: Emirates 354, 8 Sep 2018, 3:05am] This flight also had bad cushions that were about to fall out, with the seats impossible to set upright. The flight attendants were very dismissive towards my Daughter and me. For instance, getting water was a hassle, where the pressing the assistance button was useless since the attendants would walk up and down the aisle without sparing us a glance. In addition, there was clear discriminating treatment when it came to handling passenger requests. The passenger seated in front of us would get attention for getting beverages earlier and faster than us. Also, seats were supposed to be placed in upright position during take off, yet when raised to the Stewardess, she didn’t bother staying to check that the man in front of my Daughter has put his seat up properly. For the whole flight, my Daughter has to suffer from limited leg room due to the lax attention paid to the enforcement of rules. Yet, these rules applied to my Daughter very stringently. During preparation for landing, the stewardesses came to my Daughter repeatedly to get her to put up her seat when it was so obvious that the man in front also had his seat pushed down. How is it possible that the attendants could be this blind to one passenger and so acutely aware and so responsible in enforcing regulations when it came to my Daughter? Her sleep was interrupted 4 times and the issue was that the seat was spoilt and it couldn’t be set upright even after pressing the button and pulling the back of the seat with great strength—and my Daughter is one who has great strength—yet the attendants (2 of them) repeatedly came to my Daughter without acknowledging the fact that the seat was faulty nor bothering to note that the man in front didn’t put up his seat either. We had to point that discrepancy out before they did a cursory glance at him and made a perfunctory request to him to put up his seat, to which he merely pretended to do so. My Daughter had to ask him to do it properly before he did it. When pouring coffee for me, the Stewardess didn’t make the effort to lower her wrist and ended up splash-pouring the hot beverage, splattering the coffee on my forearm. To this, what was shocking was that she merely uttered “Do you need ice?” in a bland manner, instead of offering an apology. These flights were truly an eye opening experience for us as it was the first time we chose to fly by Emirates. However, I am much inclined to say that it would be our last time doing so too. The accolade of being first in the world is a complete mystery to us, albeit the great selection of in-flight entertainment.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank ChaiL133
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We flew to Dubai economy for the first time after flying business class several times. We hoped as it is Emirates economy would be better than most other airlines. Sadly the seats were very tight, the food was average at best, the staff we very good though. There was no going to sleep on our 7 hour flight with these seats, there is a good selection of movies to occupy you but overall not impressed. We were offered an upgrade for £426 plus tax each and I can honestly say well and truly worth every penny. A glass of fizz, choice of starters, main course and desserts and a choice of wines, whiskey’s, port and being able to go to the bar for a drink & nibbles. Great service from the team nothing being too much trouble I loved business class.

Date of travel: January 2017
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.