“Flying economy economically”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Same old but with great inflight service. The inside of the plane was a great relief from the total chaos that is Hanoi Airport. Up to date inflight entertainment and ok food .
Don't assume pre-booked seats are the seats you actually get.!!! If your flight starts with a local domestic flight you will not receive any notification from Emirates about online check-in or seat choice etc. A big fault

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (61,671)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The flight was perfect, the staff was very friendly.
We could order something to drink whenever we want.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Took flight EK333 from Manila to Dubai, first of all go early to the airport, the Emirates counters open early and the que is long (pro tip check in online the night before). Check in will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes if you did not check in online. The Emirates staff at the counters really do their best and they are very friendly.

At the boarding lounge, boarding was well organized, just make sure of your boarding zone and when called upon just board the aircraft.

The flight was standard issue, but what I do love about Emirates, having flown various other airlines and routes, I can say without a doubt that they do try to minimize turbulence and it is much appreciated.

1  Thank W0bblyB0bSA
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Company is fine. Defenetly one of the best in the world. Flying economy on long range at least 10 times per year I can confirm. Personnel very kind and available, food fine, and entertainment good with last movies. Exceptionally efficient is the Dubai T3 Airport. Web booking is easy and works well. I was only disappointed by the fact that I made a mistake booking the flight of my wife coming from East Asia, due to date change at midnight. My mistake, but Emirate quite inflexible reimbursed a fraction of the total amount, while other EU company for a rescheduling, charge bit more than 100€. Again was my mistake, but some improvement in this area might be recommended.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I flew Emirates because of their good reputation what a mistake that was. I booked an extra $130 for an upgraded extra legroom seat only to find that the same seats we're being given away to all comers on the flight. One person simply moved herself and took over two of these seats restricting my space. Another person took one so that he could get off the plane early. When I asked the staff if I would be entitled to a refund on the basis I have actually paid for my seat I was referred to their complaints process. After 5 months of writing to them I finally got an answer telling me I should have booked my seat (which I did) and telling me that the staff had explained the situation to me on the flight (which they had not). When I explained this to them they in effect called me a liar and ended the conversation. I have never received such poor after flight service from any airline,and would not fly with them again or recommend them to anyone. I suppose the lesson to be learnt is that on Emirates you don't have to pay extra you just simply upgrade yourself once you're on the plane. Goodwill is hard to acquire in the competitive airline business and Emirates have certainly list mine.

Date of travel: April 2018
3  Thank helloAdelaide
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.