“First time on Emirates and very impressed”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Although there was a bit of turbulence on the way to Christchurch, I must say Emirates lives up well to its reputation and name. The A380 plane was very nice and spacious, plenty of legroom. Food was very good too, very impressed.Crew were very nice as well with 16 languages on board. The inflight entertainment was excellent, was able to verse friends on the flight chess and checkers, made time pass by very quickly.

1  Thank jyz20
Write a ReviewReviews (40,242)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Flew JFK to Dubai on coach and this was nice, a bit nicer than usual. Then flew from Dubai to Cochin, India on business class and that was superb. Better than KAL or Lufthansa business class. How do you describe it. The personnel were so nice. Champagne when you hit your seat. Just a great experience. Of note, flying is cheep at the moment. You may see a lot of opportunities for very cheep upgrades in the few days before departure. $150.00 to upgrade from coach to business on the Dubai - Cochin leg (3.5 hour flight) and $900 to upgrade from Dubai to JFK. Seats lay flat in business class.

2  Thank Walter F
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I have fly quite often for work and have tried many of the business class products (Air France, Air Canada, KLM, United) and was excited to try Emirates after hearing so many good things. This has been the WORST business class experience to date,the high points are mediocre and the low horrible and frustrating.
The ok-good -the business class lounge in SFO was adequately stocked, the staff pleasant, the decor very 1980s high end cafeteria.
The flight from SFO to Dubai was mediocre all around. The cabin temperature was overall kept a bit too cold, I was not provided a blanket until I had asked 3 times, the blanket was very thin and not sufficient so I asked for another and was told there were none. The toiletries bag was one of the worst I have seen, no toothbrush? The food was barely mediocre, more like bad. I have had better in economy class. The flight crew was inattentive and barely civil. I asked for water several times and after the 3rd time the crew member rolled her eyes! But would jot bring me a larger portion?
Then in Dubai, the business lounges are better than SFO, but still mostly greasy hot food. Still,comfortable. So comfortable that I fell asleep (had I not been freezing on plane I might have gotten enough sleep en route!) and though I was quite close to desk, did not hear the flight called and missed it. So now I have to rebook, fine not their fault, but I do think that part of what you pay for with business class is a bit of understanding and support if things go wrong. With two exceptions, all of the Emirates staff I dealt with in Dubai were unhelpful and unfriendly. The change fee is $800, fine, ok, a lot but I get it and accept responsibility, but I was waited listed for the next flight. Again, fine, seems like I would have a good chance as I was first. I will just go back to business lounge. WRONG! Even though I flew in on Emirites business and would fly out (not to mention coming back again next week) on same because I was not then holding a confirmed ticket, I was told I could not enter and could find somewhere else to pass 6 hrs in Dubai airport. Needless to say next time I fly for work, I will not choose the airline with the cold planes, lack of blankets, barely edible food, unfriendly and unhelpful staff and policies that don’t get that a passenger is an active customer until they are at their destination.

3  Thank CaliHikergrrl
Reviewed 23 February 2018

The airbus A380 is a great plane, it’s so big inside and out. The seats are comfortable you get more leg room, it feels so roomy. The staff are friendly and welcoming!
The ice entertainment is good lots of films & series to choose from which made the 14hour flight to Australia more bearable.
I asked for vegetarian meal when I booked the flight but ended up with vegan instead, which wasn’t too good!
The only annoying thing is that as I had a vegan meal I got my meal before my partner who had to wait a good 45 mins to get his as we were sat near the back of the plane, why can’t they let us have our meals together it can’t be that complicated to sort out!
Overall though it was an enjoyable flight.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This flight originates in Dubai and terminates in Auckland with a stopover in Brisbane. We flew in from Athens and stayed in the Dubai International Hotel in the terminal so no need to go through security, claim baggage and clear customs. From there it was a simple matter of taking the lift down to the shops and making out way to Gate A8O. Along the way we purchased some duty free - a bottle of wine and some chocolates for friends who looked after our cat while we were away. Emirates have changed the rules on duty free so be aware. When you go through final security checks all duty free is now wrapped in special cartons and stowed with baggage. It is available for pickup in the large parcels area at the Brisbane Airport. We had to find out this for ourselves. So if want to avoid hassles I'd suggest you get your duty free on arrival at your destination. My wife had her boarding pass taken in this process which delayed boarding the aircraft.
The flight was delayed on account of heavy traffic at Dubai. This is a Thursday morning flight boarding at 9.40am. Once in the air it was smooth sailing. It was a relatively full flight but there were empty seats at the rear which were quickly snapped up by discerning travelers who wanted to sleep through the 14 hours in the air. TIP: If want to sleep during the flight make your way to the back before takeoff. The cabin crew don't seem to mind. Food and service on EK210 was excellent. Drinks were plentiful and the wine tolerable. There are always snack available in the galley area which I used on several occasions. Fruit keeps me going on these long hauls. Toilets took a bit of a beating the ones at the back are the best. On-board entertainment is great on Emirates flights. I watched several new release movies on ICE and followed the progress of the flight on the flight information. For some reason our track took us further north over the Gulf of Carpentaria and then ran parallel to the coast to Brisbane. We though it might have something to do with the recent dust storms at Charleville. Emirates is a great airline you can join the the Emirate Skywards frequent flyer program for free flight and upgrades. Remember a program on TV called Mega Structures. The building of the new Dubai was featured and there was a story on Addi, the Head of Customer Services. She is a lovely woman and guess what ... we actually met her on one of our trips to Dubai so look out for her. True story....