“Nonstop flight comfort privacy seat”
Review of EL AL Israel Airlines

Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

El Al offers only nonstop at this time of year from Boston to Tel Aviv -both departure & return flights were On Time
Very Efficient boarding process
Favorable on board service

Date of travel: March 2020
2  Thank Terryerubin
Write a reviewReviews (4,447)

Reviewed 16 March 2020

Unfortunately, what we experienced, starting from the initial security check was nothing of unprofessionalism and a major display of incompetency.
To start, the security lines had no organization and the entire operation was extremely chaotic. I waited in the premium economy line for over and hour before any staff member came to check me in. During my security check, my passport was passed back and forth by no less than 5 of your employees. I was then pulled to side with no explanation while other customers were allowed to go in front of me.
By the time I was allowed to go up to the bag check counter I was subjected to another wait because there was a power outage. I’m guessing that the EL AL staff is not trained to operate effectively under emergency circumstances because what was once bad customer service quickly escalated to non-existent customer service.
Once I was allowed to bring my bags up to the check-in counter I was cattle herded through the line with no assurances that the power outage would not affect the final destination of my luggage.
14 hours later, after a flight with much of the same piss poor customer service, I am informed that my luggage is missing along with 5 other members of the Enniss Travel group.
Not only was the loss of the luggage very distressing but one of our group members had important medication in her bag which she had no access to because of the failure of EL AL to deliver on basic services.
We ended up leaving the airport with absolutely NO luggage and a promise that EL AL would pay us $100 flat for the replacement of travel items and clothing while we were separated from our luggage.
Most of us were forced to borrow clothes from other members in our group until the luggage arrived but one of our members is a very tall man and he had to wear the same clothes day in and day out because no one was his size and none of the stores around us could accomidate his body type.
On day 3 of a 10-day trip we got news that EL AL would be sending our luggage to the hotel where we were staying. We were all very excited for the nightmare to be over but in true EL AL fashion, your company and the endless incompetency of its staff found a way to send us the wrong luggage.
$100 does not even begin to cover the inconvenience we were subjected to because of the ineptitude of the EL AL Staff. Attached to this letter please find the $100 out of pocket expense I incurred along with my claim receipt which has my claim number on it. Again, there are 5 total people on this claim receipt but each of us will be reaching out to you individually.
I have also attached my receipt for the original cost of my premium economy ticket and am requesting full refund in the amount of $2498.84.
I look forward to hearing how EL AL plans to rectify this situation on my behalf.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020

Excellent service.
Clean airplanes.
Food provided was very good.
El Al's Security check point last about 5 minutes, not bad at all.

Date of travel: December 2019
3  Thank ichicorp
Reviewed 15 March 2020

Excellent throughout all stages of the trip from check in through arrival. Check-in and boarding were quick and easy. The flight attendants were polite and efficient. The plane was a new 787. Great entertainment system. Good food (I ate vegetarian). Arrived on time. Deplaned quickly.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank Sam_R_Yoga
Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced. The food was overcooked and pretentious, the plane was outdated and everyone was packed like sardines. It felt like Eastern Airlines flight in the 80’s, before it went bankrupt. On my return flight, it was a nightmare, the legroom, the smells of burned egg for breakfast, the not so friendly staff, everyone was standing up and talking loudly while the staff was barely visible or in control, it was bad.

Date of travel: June 2019
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.